[Review] Invision power 2.3.x

Guest Shadow82x

Invision Power Board 2.3 final grade: A

When I first saw invision 1.3 I thought it was better than all the softwares from the start it had features no other software had. I thought this was amazing. Than I found out that 1.3 was the last free version of ipb and saw all the great features 2.x had and I was stunned. The part that amazed me the most was the profiles that kept me addicted to this forum. Now with the speed increase in 2.3 it seems as if ipb is the fatest around. With the profile, inline posting, ajax assistance, and great looking friends list nothing stands in IPB's way. Also with the great add-on's like blog, and downloads your forum users would love this. I saw IPB grow from 1.3 to 2.3 and you guys did a really good job. Other highlight features I like were the calander week and mini calander support, quick search, disaplay modes, lo-fi version, and stable realeases. Great job IPB I was dissappointed that it costs a lot of money but I think its worth it. :P Once again thanks for the wonderfull forum service

-Shadow82x :cool:

Well if I had to grade it I would go around a B at the highest. It's good, and like you say the addons can help, but they can also hurt because of the costs of converting the original licenses and the download script still isn't considered to be a part of the "suite". Also I still would like to see improvements in the calendar to add iCal functionality or at least a functionality with Mozilla Sunbird project (which I believe is still the name of the Mozilla calendar app). Also I would grade it a B because the ssi functions were broken in the 2.3 release and fixed in the 2.3.1 release, but they were never included in the upgrade package even though they were fixed which probably was just an oversight on the staff's part, but nonetheless it occurred.

Well if I had to grade it I would go around a B at the highest. It's good, and like you say the addons can help, but they can also hurt because of the costs of converting the original licenses and the download script still isn't considered to be a part of the "suite". Also I still would like to see improvements in the calendar to add iCal functionality or at least a functionality with Mozilla Sunbird project (which I believe is still the name of the Mozilla calendar app). Also I would grade it a B because the ssi functions were broken in the 2.3 release and fixed in the 2.3.1 release, but they were never included in the upgrade package even though they were fixed which probably was just an oversight on the staff's part, but nonetheless it occurred.

I agree

Archived