[Suggestion] More contol over members subscriptions

Guest John__

I'd like you to add the ability to control members subscriptions. Ie, remove them.

We are having terrible problems as our board gets bigger with members subscribing to everything and then thousands of emails harassing them.

Often we get complaints, either from AOL, MSN, Yahoo feedback tools or directly from members to remove them off the list. However, the only way I can do it is change their pass, login to their account and then remove them. Then have to email them a new pass.

Very time consuming.

Thanks

I agree 100% :cool:

One thing I learned a long time ago is NEVER Subscribe members to any topics, etc without thier approval(even though you can do that in the acp...very bad idea...causes the issues listed in above post. :rolleyes:

I do agree thier should be a way to remove members from subscribed topics, etc via the acp if needed. Quite often people can not figure out how to unsubscribe themselves and then I have to go through a whole process to explain it to them...it would be easier if I could manually remove them individually per incident. ;)

I agree, there are many bounced emails from topic subscriptions. There should be a way to show who subscribed to a topic and an option (like a checkbox) to delete them as opposed to unsubscribe all from topic.

I just checked our mail server and we send 70-100 thousand topic subscription emails every day :o

Also, id like to suggest to make the topic subscription process more fool proof. Like a warning message that will clearly say that you'll get every post via email, or several emails a day etc. The current messages are not clear enough I don't think.

Archived