Normal members and the trash can

Guest bfirsh

No, it's never worked this way which I can't understand. The trashcan only works if moderators/admins delete posts, if a user is able to delete their own posts they just get deleted and bypass the trash can altogether. It's been bought up here before, but as yet the suggestion hasn't been taken on board.

+1 the trashcan should apply to members too

perhaps instead of the current screen where theres a few radio buttons, there should be a box with all user groups in (so you can multiple select groups the trashcan applies to)

:)

• 5 months later...

I find out that when my members (not moderators) delete their posts, they are moved to Trash can (they are not deleted) automatically. Was something changed in IPB software?

I noticed that too :)

I prefer it this way, as they should be caught in the trashcan, although there should of been an option added for it (same as for global mods / admins / root admins already)

Yes, me too ;) it's better and I agree with you, there could be option for it in ACP.

Yes i think it should of always caught standard members posts so its a lot better now (after all, if you allow members to delete posts as well, why should their posts not go in the trashcan if you are putting anything the staff deletes in there lol)

Something like this me-thinks maybe ;)

;)

Archived