New Skin: Feedback from your forum members?

Guest Strike X

Do your members on your forum like the new 'IB.Board Pro' Skin?

Most members on my forum don't like it..I think I have to change the old skin to default.

Member 1:

I liked the old Skin, it was more friendly and welcoming. This ones a bit dark, cold and unfriendly looking.

Member 2:

the old one was better skin. this one is miserable dull and not very friendly

Member 3:

its too dark....just the colour is very dull. the old one was better!

and so on...

I didn't quite understand what you meant by 'Marmite', *dumb American*, until I found a Love It/Hate It site for Marmite, lol.

Yeah, it's a brand of spread in the UK that is iconic for being 'love it or hate it'. I hate it, it's disgusting!

Feedback from our members:

http://www.amirsfans.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=5817

I hope IP.Board developers listen our feedback and change colour to make it more lighter (as default).. right now it looks gloomy/dark/un-welcoming..

But they're all individual opinions :) As you can see from this topic and others about the new skin, just as many people like it. It just depends on what you want in a skin.

Yeah, it's a brand of spread in the UK that is iconic for being 'love it or hate it'.

I hate it, it's disgusting!

I am very surprise you hate the new skin as you work for IPS. :blink:

MATTTTTT!!! You listening our feedback?? its too gloomy/dark/un-welcoming.

I am very surprise you hate the new skin as you work for IPS. :blink:

MATTTTTT!!! You listening our feedback?? its too gloomy/dark/un-welcoming.

HEHE, he was talking about hating the spread Marmite. I doubt he hates the skin, he made it :P

But they're all individual opinions :) As you can see from this topic and others about the new skin, just as many people like it. It just depends on what you want in a skin.

Will you be writing a script or something like i choose a colour - it will automaticly change the colours for buttons, layout, etc.

The most members of my forum doesn't like the new skin. It's sure, more professional than the old one but I think they are right about the colors, there are

too dark and sad.

I've only received positive comments on the new skin from my members so far.

Also, I think that (the bolded part) is a funny characterization. I think the previous default skin was too bright and obnoxious to look at all day! Which is worse? :)

Since there are, at a minimum, 2 skins available - and if all/most of your members dislike the "Pro" skin, then why not make it NOT available to them? To take it a bit further, why not download some of the free skins available out there and offer them to your members?

Also, the skin was just publicly released - so give it a few days (or weeks) as I'm sure someone will code a "color changer" for it and make it available. :)

As has been mentioned many times, this skin was designed with "changing it" in mind, hence a LOT of CSS and basic colors. I haven't looked at the CSS yet, but I'm sure if you look at it, you should be able to figure it out. :D

People who dislike something tend to complain vocally.

People who like something tend to not say anything unless specifically asked.

That is so true, most people will not comment on the skin when they like it.

I agree they're darker colours, but that's why I like it!, see... I run a gaming community and most users of my board like those sort of skins which tend to be darker than normal. So as said here a few times, it all comes down to personal preference.

By the way... Has anyone customised the header with their own?, I'd like to see others using this skin with a different header/logo.

Archived