WYSIWYG Editor (as Community Server) for IPB?

Guest hctmedia

Sorry, I know that I should find the mods my self, not asking. But my time is very very little, so pls give me an exception. Thank you!

I want to buy an IPB lisence, but the biggest problem is that the default WYSIWYG Editor is not fully function.

- When I copy paste a table from MS Word, of Internet Explorer, the html code was removed.

- The images can not be resize by dragging

Acctually my website's members are old people. They are very poor in technical. They don't know what is BBcode or something like that. They just want to edit their posts as in MS WORD.

Another script, name Community Server, has a very good Editor.

So, now, my question is:

1. Is there any MOD to make vBulletin's editor as good as Community Server?

2. Is there any way to allow everything, includes images, to be copy-paste from MS WORD?

Thank you very much!

I'am sorry, my mistake.

I am in urgent situation, that's why I am looking at both IPB and vBulletin. Sorry!

I repeat my question:

1. Is there any MOD to make IPB's editor as good as Community Server's one?
2. Is there any way to allow everything, includes images, to be copy-paste from MS WORD?

Have you tried out the editor? The only thing I see a problem with is images from ms word documents. This would imply an inline file uploader and is not available currently.

I tried.

The problem is that the editor REMOVE ALL TABLE CODES ( <table><tr><td> ...).

Anyway to keep the TABLE for the posts using Rich texy editor?

I'm afraid the Rich Text Editor strips out a lot of html to protect you from XSS attacks (someone hacking into your site). The editor as it stands now does not support tables. I am unaware of any modifications to the WYSIWYG editor.

I'm afraid the Rich Text Editor strips out a lot of html to protect you from XSS attacks (someone hacking into your site). The editor as it stands now does not support tables. I am unaware of any modifications to the WYSIWYG editor.

Thank you for answer my question.

Now, the situation become easer:

Is it possible to allow the WYSIWYG editor to accept TABLE html code ( <table> <tr><td> )

Only this code is enought for me. Because in my board, members always need to copy-paste the table.

I am in urgent case, so I am very grateful if you give me the answer soon.

I'm afraid it's not possible presently. You could look for a custom modification, hire a contractor to make a custom modification for you, or enable HTML posting (*highly* not recommended) to work around this if you wished however.

Archived