Do we need the "Please wait while we transfer you" page?

Guest sparc

But at least on my board the members get logged in automaticly after they registered so it works "okey" anyway.

I have never been logged in automatically after registering at a IPB 2.3 forum, even here at the IPS I had to log in manually.
Could it be a browser issue, I'm using FF 2.0.

Please make it possible for use to choose what redirections to keep on and off :) Btw isn't there some cleaver guy who has or can make a mod for this?

It would include a significant amout of edits to the source code - I did a count command on the sources directory and it found 163 instances of the redirect_screen function. 162 edits (take off one for the actual defining of the function) every time there's an upgrade and having to configure 162 settings in the ACP... I say it's not worth it.

• 3 months later...

IPB 3.0.0 will have less redirect 'message' pages and more inline notification.

It's sometimes worth keeping a 'secret' redirect in place to clear out the POST data etc, so if you refreshed, you wouldn't be sending the post form again, etc.

inline notification sounds great way to make the transitions more fluid. glad to see more of it being added to IPB.

can't wait to see how it's done. :)

I have never been logged in automatically after registering at a IPB 2.3 forum, even here at the IPS I had to log in manually.

Could it be a browser issue, I'm using FF 2.0.

I beleave the auto login on validation is only if you were already logged in prior to clicking the validation link. (You can log in as a "validating" member without clicking the validation link)

I [s]beleave[/s] [color="#006400"]believe [/color]the auto login on validation is only if you were already logged in prior to clicking the validation link. (You can log in as a "validating" member without clicking the validation link)

You never could spell :P.

You can mod your ipb board to login people automatically after registration. I think if no validation is required ( e.g. email, admin etc) then ipb will log you in after registration, not 100% though.

Archived