3.0 Suggestion

Guest FrostedPopTart

It would be nice if IPB would support the PHP tag BBCode as a standard BBcode in IPB 3.0.

I doubt that it would be that hard to do and it would come in handy on many forums, especially ones like this one and IPSBeyond, where code snippets are posted quite frequently. Having to post PHP code in a code box might seem logical, but just think of the benefits:

* Syntax highlighting. (A big one.)
* It stands out more.
* PHP is very common (not saying it deserves special recognition because of this, just look at all of the sites that use ASP or ColdFusion.)
* Plus many more... .

Coders like myself, Brendon Koz, Stephen, Veracon, and others (sorry if I got any of your names wrong, I'm tired :P ) would use the PHP tag quite frequently I am sure. Not to mention the countless others on sites like IPSB, Ize, and the innumerable hobbyist sites.

there's a mod for this but to be honest i never understood why it wasn't implemented LONG ago as it should have been, they added mysql syntax support. Its definitely something that baffled me to why they didn't add it.

Hmm when you mean PHP tags, you mean some thing like this stuff: "

This is a reason I love using Dreamweaver when I code pages, cause it highlights coding for me! But yeah I think IPB should come with this tag in version 3.0!

" like they have for the code tags! That would be very helpful indeed and as you said highlighting would be an awesome asset as readers of the code would be able to understand it way better.

Hmm when you mean PHP tags, you mean some thing like this stuff: "[PHP][/PHP]" like they have for the code tags! That would be very helpful indeed and as you said highlighting would be an awesome asset as readers of the code would be able to understand it way better.

This is a reason I love using Dreamweaver when I code pages, cause it highlights coding for me! But yeah I think IPB should come with this tag in version 3.0!

Yes that is what I mean. Other BBS'es have this so why can't we. (Yes I know, bad argument. :P )

Archived