Will I have an access to the source code ?

Guest JavaGenius

The database scheme can be seen under install/sql/mysql_tables.php

MySQL doesn't have much relationship support between tables (at least prior to version 5), and we don't use Foreign Keys at all, so I'm not really sure what you are looking for. If you're just looking for an understanding of what each table is for and what is stored in each table, I'm afraid that is beyond the scope of our support - but if you're skilled at programming/database usage (which it sounds like you are) it shouldn't take much effort to either (1) look through the database and get an idea of what is stored where, or (2) Ask on IPS Beyond for some specifics to what you are trying to understand.

Even though there are no foreign keys, there are still columns that refer to the same thing in several tables, for instance topic id is referenced in 5-10 different tables. If you need to convert your board to IPB, and there's no direct route, then an ER could be useful. It could also be useful for those wanting to import posts or members from another board, the expiremental stuff in other words. But I agree it's a bit outside of your area of responsibility.

Archived