Officially Release Downloads Manager?

Guest .Ryan

Just wondering why we don't have a forum for the download manager and its not officially released? I personally am very happy with the product and think its great, and works fine. Are there going to be any new features coming out with it or is it staying the same for a while.

The only problem I have with it is how did you guys come up with the price of $50.00 USD? Personally I was never going to buy it because for $50.00 I could spend my money of something else that I would use more ie: a PC game... but besides that I think it would be great at $35.00 USD or $40.00 USD. Now that I bought it does not make much of a difference, but how did you guys get $50.00 USD? I can't complain because its not expensive, but not cheap... but I think $50.00 it could have some better features.

Right now I think its fine, works great, no complaints with it at all. Recomend anybody to buy it if you are thinking of offering downloads on your site. :thumbsup:

Blog is $50 and I think IDM is as good as the blog.
I'm sure there is a reason it hasn't been released. I have had it installed on my site for about a month and it works well.
Perhaps they just haven't designed a page for it on the main site yet?

The prices was chosen based on our existing components and IDM's position in relation to them. :)

It *has* been released - anyone who chooses can purchase it. Rikki just hasn't finished the page for the main site yet. As soon as he has, the differences you are noticing between IDM and the other components (feedback forums, etc.) will be ironed out. :)

As for new features, the users have come up with a lot of great ideas in the IDM forum at IPS Beyond, however I can't say what I will or won't add at this time. One top issue I'd like to sort out is the ability to resume (and recognize resumed) downloads - this would help for large files that may not have downloaded the entire way, or for those download accelerator programs. I also want to cache the stats after x time period (they're so large on some sites, you can't load the stats page), as it's going to be necessary ultimately. Possibly pay-for downloads, but I haven't ironed out the details on how that would work (would it be pay for category access, pay for one time download, pay for downloads of one file unlimited, can user's who submit files specify a price, and charge for the file, etc. and so on). Other ideas can be read in the suggestions topic pinned in the IDM forum on IPS Beyond if you have a license.

Thanks Bfarber, I really like the Pay-Per-Download idea, and all those things you can work into it. Maybe integrating it with the subscriptions manager or a stand-alone feature in the downloads menu. I'll have to starting reading through the forums at IPSBeyond.

So your saying that long after you finished playing your game, that the IDM will be useless? Odds are your IDM will have more use long after you have finished your game, than the game itself. You could even earn a profit from your downloads, depending on what they are if you set it up right. I have a feeling the IDM will get used more than your game and is a wiser investment in the long run. ;)

Just wondering why we don't have a forum for the download manager and its not officially released? I personally am very happy with the product and think its great, and works fine. Are there going to be any new features coming out with it or is it staying the same for a while.

The only problem I have with it is how did you guys come up with the price of $50.00 USD? Personally I was never going to buy it because for $50.00 I could spend my money of something else that I would use more ie: a PC game... but besides that I think it would be great at $35.00 USD or $40.00 USD. Now that I bought it does not make much of a difference, but how did you guys get $50.00 USD? I can't complain because its not expensive, but not cheap... but I think $50.00 it could have some better features.

Right now I think its fine, works great, no complaints with it at all. Recomend anybody to buy it if you are thinking of offering downloads on your site. :thumbsup:

Archived