Bump should be standard in IPB

Guest W13

I've been requesting this since before the first public release of InvisionBoard. (back when it looked like this: http://web.archive.org/web/20020605060215/...ard.com/forums/ )

InvisionBoard has tons of features- lots that most people never use. That's not a bad thing. It's great... InvisionBoard is a feature-rich forum software and there's no harm in having tons of features.

However, I manually have to install the 'bump' modification every single time. It is a feature that I just wouldn't be able to live without. Every time a feature-list is announced for a new version of IPB, the first thing I look for is the 'bump' functionality.

May I please request that it be included as a standard feature in a future release? Who else thinks the same way?

Not really, as I can't see it being all THAT useful. People look at the order of threads so they can easily tell when a thread was last posted to. A feature to push something to the top without actually posting anything would compromise that. I personally would hate to see a thread right at the top over other threads I have not read, only to find out when I go to read it that I have already read the whole thing but some idiot decided they wanted it at the top.

So, from me that's a -1 on this request. (PS: If you've been requesting it every version, and it still hasn't been done, has it occurred to you that there might be a REASON that it hasn't been done?)

On forums which are about online games, where you buy and sell stuff like weapons and food, when peoples posts get to page two then they are often not seen, so people post 'bump' to get it to the first page. However that is unfair, as they'd get post count for posting 'bump', therefore by having a bump button it doesn't affect post count. Also when someone keeps posting 'bump' it can be hard to keep track of the topic.

This would only be used by a minority of forums, so it should be keep as a modification in my opinion.

Archived