IPB: Portal

Guest alpine

The IPB portal is a built in addon for IPB - there's no subforums for it just like there aren't any for the profiles, the memberlist, the calendar, the help section, the topic view, and so on...

I would hardly say a portal is at the same level as the items mentioned. The scope of a portal is much vast. I'm sure it would be helpful for others to have a means to see the usage of the portal.

I would hardly say a portal is at the same level as the items mentioned. The scope of a portal is much vast. I'm sure it would be helpful for others to have a means to see the usage of the portal.

The same could be said for the calendar or help section... both are very minor parts to the overall Thing that we call IP.Board, however, if you put the effort into it you could utilize those two items in ways that would make them extremely powerful... but as it is, they're just layers of the IP.Board cake....

• 2 weeks later...

Don't suppose some one could tell me how to put posts on the front page of 2.2.1 built in portal since I can't seem to be able to figure it out. I've messed with every portal setting I can find in the ACP most I've figured out how to do is mess with the modules on the side.

I'd check the IPS Beyond link but keeps saying my support contract is expired which isn't right, considering I just bought this software.

Guest Piracy_Is_Evil

Don't suppose some one could tell me how to put posts on the front page of 2.2.1 built in portal since I can't seem to be able to figure it out. I've messed with every portal setting I can find in the ACP most I've figured out how to do is mess with the modules on the side.

I'd check the IPS Beyond link but keeps saying my support contract is expired which isn't right, considering I just bought this software.

Although I cant provide tech support here, Youll need to go into the settings area and look for portal settings.

I can provide more support at IPSBeyond.com

Guessing you didn't read the post. I have no access to the IPS site because who ever is in charge of things over there has set me as an expired member. I have an active support contract. Darn sales page says I get a 6 month one with my purchase. It's now been 5 days and my emails via IPS site contact form are being ignored.

Guess I should have expected this considering they took almost 36 hours to quote "Validate" my purchase.

Guessing you didn't read the post. I have no access to the IPS site because who ever is in charge of things over there has set me as an expired member. I have an active support contract. Darn sales page says I get a 6 month one with my purchase. It's now been 5 days and my emails via IPS site contact form are being ignored.

Guess I should have expected this considering they took almost 36 hours to quote "Validate" my purchase.

For the record, IPS has just resumed normal business today, so that is why you haven't received a response. You can contact IPS via one of the channels here: http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/co...te/contact.html If you have already contacted them, you can expect to hear back from them soon as they are most likely catching up on the backlog of tickets.

Archived