I am curious if IPB 2.2.1 will be released this week as previously ann

Guest Fast Lane

Well, one of the upgrades for an error includes a fix for a problem that completely makes Parachat 7.0 unusable (which is officially supported). There are also many other glitches. I would guess that they will release a manual upgrade "delta" between old files so you can add changes by hand. It is very common to have a minro tweaking patch after new software is released as many small bugs pop up.

Does it really madder? We have 2.2.0 I want to skin and mod my board with out trouble of updating it every month! What is really going to change except for a few errors fixed and codes here and there?

I doubt you will have to reskin. At best you will have to make a few small edits. To me having the numerous bugs (check bug report) fixed is worth the small amount of time it would take to apply the new changes.

From Charles (at IPB in his Blog):

Already? Didn't we just release IP.Board 2.2.0?

Yes and yes. Ah, the nature of product development. We knew we would have to do an IP.Board 2.2.1 release right after releasing 2.2.0 so it is no surprise. Although we tested IP.Board thoroughly before release there is never a way to know what will happen once a product is released out into the world.

On the whole it's been very stable and we are quite pleased. Lots of odd little errors or issues specific to special server configurations. Some patches for specific conditions (like running on PHP 5.0.4) have already been added to our knowledge base. We are also going to add more clarification in 2.2.1 for frequently asked support questions that are not bugs but just confused areas.

While 2.2.1 isn't exactly an emergency we will die if it isn't released sort of thing, we will probably release it sometime during the week of Dec 11 so those people with the "odd" issues can be sorted. Also, the technical support team would probably welcome some integrated help on areas that are confusing some users original.gif

And speaking of support: the flood of requests with the release is starting to calm down so if you are waiting a bit longer than usual for ticket replies that should start to show improvement very soon.

What does it matter if its this week, next week, or a month from now?

It sure matters to ME!

I bought IPB last Thursday night and unfortunately believed the documentation that it works with MySQL v5.

I cant create a Category in IPB - IPS Driver Error.

Editing a post results in IPS Driver errors much of the time.

Gallery is useless. I get an IPS Driver error just trying to install the thing. Invision fixes that...then create a Category and...you got it...IPS Driver error.

2 days later, the very nice support tech gives me the SQL to fix it. That works! I can create a category. But wait...it craps out when I create a folder!

ARRRGGGGGGG...........

All of my driver errors are resulting from constraint issues in MySQL (no default value, wrong value, etc) and I'm told it is because of MySQL v5.

And that 2.2.1 will "fix it all".

Sure hope it does.

• Management

All of my driver errors are resulting from constraint issues in MySQL (no default value, wrong value, etc) and I'm told it is because of MySQL v5.

Specifically, MySQL 5 running in strict mode. All issues reported with MySQL 5 in strict mode have been fixed.

w00t the board just came out lol already an upgrade? lol if it continues that way I'll spend my hours every month installing the mods for the board :unsure:

You can expect 2.2.1 to follow soon after 2.2.0 - no matter hoe much beta testing they do, you won't find all the bugs. And when thousands of users start to use 2.2 compared to the hundred or so when it was in RC, obviously, there's going to be many more bugs

Yes, in your mysql config file (usually my.cnf), but it's not something an average user has access to.

I'm not the average end user user. More like the average Windows C++ and AS400 programer dude turned management who hasnt ever had to deal with stuff like php and mysql. And it is running on my machine totaly so I've got acess to everything.

This is probably the wrong place to be discussing it....but as Invision has already stated, they are a bit overwelmed....

Could you send me an email? bob at cstoneindy.com

Bob

Hello,

Probably IPS Beyond is the best place for it. Been a tad busy around here, so I can't really provide much assistance via email.

But to answer your question, on Windows MySQL 5.0 (at least my install where I test), the following sets it to STRICT mode

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

# Set the SQL mode to strict

If you comment out that line, it's no longer in strict mode

#sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

# Set the SQL mode to strict

Archived