SUGGESTION: Option to disable BBCode

Guest David Petley

Hi,
I would like the option to disable BBCode for specified user groups, in the same way that I have an option to allow or disallow HTML posting for any specified user group.

That way, I could set up a 'new member' user group that could not post live links (spam or otherwise) until they graduated to the more trusted 'members' group.

Am I being naive in thinking this (option to disable BBCode) should be a pretty simple thing to do?

cheers,

david

....Maybe not a general forum feature, but a modification would bee nice. Seems neat, like the idea.

+1 (if we use that system :P)

Hi,
thanks...but I am not sure why it could not just be a general forum feature that works in exactly the same way as the current 'allow/disallow HTML posting for this member group' option.

Is there some over-riding board requirement that would make such a thing an impossibility?

david

I like this idea, David, and agree with you that it should be in a future version of IP.Board.

Thanks Brandon :) ...do you (or anybody else reading) know if IPS staff/developers actually read suggestions in their feedback forum.

Should I expect a response from them? .....or is this forum like a wishing well ;)...throw in a coin and then go away hoping your luck has changed.

cheers,

david

They do read the feedback forum. Although I am waiting to hear back from them on one of my suggestions. They ignore us for a short period as soon as their new software is released.

I can picture Matt as he reads the feedback forum.

"FRACK! THEY STILL ARE NOT SATISFIED!?!?!"

+1 on the idea btw. Sounds like a useful option.

They do read the feedback forum. Although I am waiting to hear back from them on one of my suggestions. They ignore us for a short period as soon as their new software is released.

I can picture Matt as he reads the feedback forum.

"

FRACK! THEY STILL ARE NOT SATISFIED!?!?!

"

+1

on the idea btw. Sounds like a useful option.

thanks D.San, appreciate your reply. I work for software developers, so I do understand the pressures with release of a new version (which we will hopefully upgrade to after the holiday season).

david

• 3 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old post. Is there any way to temporarily turn off BBCode? I can't seem to find the setting in 3.0.x

Look and Feel > Post Content > BBcode Management

You can choose which usergroup is allowed to use each individual BBcode you've got.

Sorry to dig up an old post. Is there any way to temporarily turn off BBCode? I can't seem to find the setting in 3.0.x

In the future, please use the peer-to-peer forums or your client center for technical support questions, as per the note at the top of the page.

Archived