Version 2.2 Release date guessing contest

Guest Fast Lane

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that Lindy, Charles and Matt will take the incredibly sensible and mature business decision to release 2.2 final Early next year.. and that they will announce this shortly to the sighs of relief from all the adults.. and awwwwwwwwwwww boo hoo's of all the kids :thumbsup:

idiot.gif

I believe the release date more depends on when the software is ready, not the time of year, and the software is definitely ready now. And no one is being forced to upgrade so although it would be released over the holidays there would be no requirement or rush to upgrade.

Although a major release does put pressure on IPS for support, and the community (skinners, modders, etc...) as there will be a great demand for mods and skins. Therefore over the holidays, it will be stressful coping with the demand during a time where no one really wants to be on the computer :P

It will be released sometime before Christmas. :)

*wishes topic was closed*

yes we are aware of that how ever this thread is about guessing when it will come out.
how ever all i did was made a joke about guessing every day until the 25th

As Brandon has posted before I sent IPS (Debbie Ruff) a e-mail about my concern and others about the release date and lack of information. I recieved the following responses:

Hello,

The delay in releasing the software is to do do additional bug tracking. With the additional bug tracking, we hope to have caught any vulnerabilities that may have been present in the software. Management has stated that IPB 2.2 will be released by Friday December 15, 2006. If you have any other questions, please ask. Have a great day!

Nakisha Anderson

Invision Power Services

Director of Customer Satisfaction

So lets stop spamming there forums, and asking the same question over and over again! :huh:

This is honestly pretty sad that it isn't out yet. Honestly, I don't care. I am happy using the RC version. I don't have much traffic, so no point in me caring. But seriously a beta tester told me back in August it should be "released at the latest within 2 months". When bfarber and others only said it would be out before the end of the year, I was thinking ha of course it will, that is many months away. I sure never expected it to go until December without being released. And yeah yeah I know people are going to say they would rather it be hood and as bug-free as possible than get it quick, and so would I. I am just saying it is pretty surprising how long it has taken. Even the RC phase alone has taken forever. If a lot of it is the fault of having a security audit, then it's a little more understandable though. But it sure doesn't have as many actual features added in as 2.1 did vs. 2.0, thus I would certainly hope it is the security audit. :)

I sent IPS (Debbie Ruff) a e-mail about my concern and others about the release date and lack of information.

You're sending e-mails and then telling others to stop spamming?

FFS, how many thousands of times do you have to be told it'll be released when it's ready?

If the release date of 2.2 is all you have to look forward to, you need to get a life!

As Brandon has posted before I sent IPS (Debbie Ruff) a e-mail about my concern and others about the release date and lack of information. I recieved the following responses:

So lets stop spamming there forums, and asking the same question over and over again! :huh:

Charles said they will never release a product on Friday :thumbsup:

The RC versions are unsupported.

Exactly... That means, that IPB 2.2.0 Final will be released some other day, then Friday... Because if people have errors etc, and Open support tickets, there should be staff that would be able to answer them as fast as possible... :)
Now the thing is, you need to wait until It's released... And Stop BEGGING...

Archived