RSS Icon - Feedback (low importance)

Guest Pⅇter

I preferred the smaller rss icon that was part of ipb 2.1 release, the current one makes the bottom bar to high. (especially if you have the debug fields not on)

There has been loads of feedback topics about this. Perhaps eventually IPS will resize the damn thing

I've been quite busy lately so I haven't been able to keep track of all the posts. :)

Besides that you could always use the one from 2.1.

that's something I typically don't want to do, I want an out of the box experience with as little twiddling as possible :)

It's an image, how long would it take you to resize it? 30 seconds? So go do it instead of complaining about it? :P

Yes, indeed. Why bother making the software as good as possible and listening to people's views? They should just improve it for themselves. Image looks horrible? RTE not up to scratch? Bug in profiles? It only takes a few minutes to fix, so why bother the development team with it? No point in encouraging IPS to create a professional product at all as we can just tidy it up around the edges on our forums.

Ok.... As I've said before I like the new RSS Icon. But I don't like it's size, and think it should be resized. Yes, it fits with the debug information perfectly. But isn't that turned off by default? With it turned off, it a little bit too big. RSS is nice, but it shouldn't have to stick out like a sore thumb.

I, personally, will be resizing it if it doesn't get resized by default. I'm really not asking for it to be to much smaller... 24x24 would be a good size, maybe even as far as 16x16 (but that may be a tad too small).

The new icon is the "standard" rss feed icon. The new icon fits perfectly with debug and/OR the skin/language stuff. I don't see much of a point in changing it myself. You are free, however, to do so on your board (or even use the old 2.1 one if you want).

]

It only fits if the debug information is there which is turned off by default and reccomended by IPS to remain off!

Archived