Gender sugestion

Guest Amy T

2 things.
Allow admins and staff to change a members gender.

The other thing is the show figure for no photo should be gender specific.
So if your female like me it will show a female shadow and if your male it will show the one thats there now, kind of like bebo does.

2 things.

Allow admins and staff to change a members gender.

The other thing is the show figure for no photo should be gender specific.

So if your female like me it will show a female shadow and if your male it will show the one thats there now, kind of like bebo does.

I agree with the latter suggestion - showing different images based on gender is a nice touch.

However, the first suggestion I don't see the point of, as there are only 3 options for gender and no-one can put anything inappropriate for it.

You know what? I was about to disagree with you about that gender-specific online-offline image but come to think of it you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I want the gender to be in the topic view but that means I just have to add another freakin' image at the bottom.

And the gender-changing-option has been in the ACP since at least RC2 and probably RC1.

Someone will probably make a simple mod for that. I like the default personal pic gender specific idea, as well as topic gender specific online/offline icons. It would be very easy for someone like FuSoYa to make, I am sure because notice if you click that menu in topic view, it already shows the gender icon, so it is already grabbing the gender, so a modder would probably not have to make any huge mod to accomplish that.

It would be nice. It is nice to know right off if someone is male or female when reading their posts. Of course if they cared, they could simply click the menu to see which icon theyhave though.

Someone will probably make a simple mod for that. I like the default personal pic gender specific idea, as well as topic gender specific online/offline icons. It would be very easy for someone like FuSoYa to make, I am sure because notice if you click that menu in topic view, it already shows the gender icon, so it is already grabbing the gender, so a modder would probably not have to make any huge mod to accomplish that.

It would be nice. It is nice to know right off if someone is male or female when reading their posts. Of course if they cared, they could simply click the menu to see which icon theyhave though.

ya I know but like on my site I like to know at a glance cuz i am good at thinking people are female when they are male.

Ouch! >_<

Sorry for doing this, but remember when you complained for one of my posts not being constructive? Please don't be hypocritical.

A more sensible solution to the "no photo" issue would be simply to use a gender-ambiguous silhouette (i.e. one without "hair", as the current one has).

Not necessarily, I'm a boy and I have long hair, as such - this would be misleading.

Archived