+1/-1 feedback posts

Guest .Timmy

They really are annoying and in my book, considered spam. I still don't get why IPS allows those types of posts. Most of them are just +1/-1 alone with no explanation on why the oppose or agree with the feature suggestion.

If you want to show support for a specific feature suggestion, type it out thoroughly and justify your position - don't just add a "+1, I like this idea, too!" post.

I think I usually write something to go along side my + and - 1's...but yeah, it can get annoying if people just say + or - 1 and nothing else.

So do I. Though I admit I do have a few +/- 1 posts. This is usually when there is a worthy feature suggestion that is being ignored by the rest of the community and I feel a need to draw everyone's attention to it. I'll be the first to admit though that I should be less lazy and write a constructive post rather than just 'plus oneing' these feature suggestions. What really annoys me is when people 'plus one' every feature suggestion that they can find - this is really just bumping up postcounts.

Perhaps we should be making our feature suggestion topics with polls attatched if we want to reduce the amount of +/- 1s?

I see nothing wrong with them, I certainly don't see how they can annoy people, this is the internet, not real life.

When someone makes a suggestion, and members are posting to agree or disagree, a +1 or -1 is a neat, succinct way of expressing their preference, and should be encouraged, I'm not interested in all your boring reasons, just your vote.

+1 me if you agree. :thumbsup:

I see nothing wrong with them, I certainly don't see how they can annoy people, this is the internet, not real life.

When someone makes a suggestion, and members are posting to agree or disagree, a

+1

or

is a neat, succinct way of expressing their preference, and should be encouraged, I'm not interested in all your boring reasons, just your vote.

+1

me if you agree. :thumbsup:

Yeah but some people seem to like just go into a lot of topics and reply '+1'. If they like the idea they should give some feedback on it.

When someone makes a suggestion, and members are posting to agree or disagree, a

+1

or

is a neat, succinct way of expressing their preference, and should be encouraged, I'm not interested in all your boring reasons, just your vote.

+1

me if you agree. :thumbsup:

I dunno. When you think about it, it doesn't really make it easy to tell how many people agree or disagree with a suggestion - the people looking at it must read through an entire thread and count the "+" or "-" replies to determine the final counts. In all actuality, it would probably be far more useful if there were less people posting, but they all had a valuable insight into why or why not it is a good idea. Alternatively, a Poll would be a better idea.

Archived