The dates...

Guest WoLeRiNe`

It seems odd to use mm/dd/yy when the rest of the world use dd/mm/yy - I think dd/mm is the internationally accepted format, though I could be wrong.
To play it safe, why not make the default dd-mmm-yyyy for example today would be 31-Oct-2006

It seems odd to use mm/dd/yy when the rest of the world use dd/mm/yy - I think dd/mm is the internationally accepted format, though I could be wrong.

To play it safe, why not make the default dd-mmm-yyyy for example today would be 31-Oct-2006

In terms of internationally accepted formats, the closest we have is the ISO date format, of yyyy-mm-dd.

Uhh, someone beat me to it, just when I could've made a post that'd make me look some-what 'smart'.

Anyway is the order that the 3 (day, month and year) settable in the ACP? If so, then - this really isn't a problem.

The order can't be set in the ACP.

Uhh, someone beat me to it, just when I could've made a post that'd make me look some-what 'smart'.

Anyway is the order that the 3 (day, month and year) settable in the ACP? If so, then - this really isn't a problem.

If you had read the entire topic you would already know the answer to this.

There isn't a control for this in the ACP. We're looking into it. In many countries, it's day/month/year, while in the US it's month/day/year.

In terms of internationally accepted formats, the closest we have is the ISO date format, of yyyy-mm-dd.

I was just thinking the same thing... ;)

I'm just glad the format isn't the double digit ones that confuse most i.e. yy/mm/dd or dd/mm/yy Those really screw things up when the data is essential (what is 03/04/06 anyway?).

Archived