MSN to WLM

Guest Im4eversmart

Wouldn't it be easier to just make them all custom profile fields, and let the admin decide? Otherwise you're going to have never-ending arguments over which belong and which don't.

I agree with Dan, that way everyone could be satisfied. ;)

But you could have it on Dan's idea to upload an image for the chat protocol service(s) you would like to add and you could have it add the name for the specified chat protocol to correllate with the image.

ICQ is still around, but if I'm not mistaken it's either linked with AIM, or is now the same network. Most people recognize Microsoft's messenger with msn, but I guess you could put "MSN / WLM"? Yahoo and WLM have linked networks now as well.

I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to move them to custom fields right now. It's considered a feature, and right now 2.2 is feature locked. It would have to wait until 3.0. Changing "MSN" to "WLM" is as simple as changing a string in a language file... Although people still recognize it as "MSN"... WLM is rather new at the moment.

If the WLM thing doesn't get changed in 2.2, you can always make the change in your language pack.

Archived