Can't edit/demote admins

Guest neen

Nice triple post.

Well if you are all equal then just make 'em all Root's LOL.

I would not recommend that, as it would mean that you yourself could be demoted, and your administrators would be able to compromise your database integrity.

To quote George Orwell's Animal Farm, "But some are more equal than others" ;)

I would not recommend that, as it would mean that you yourself could be demoted, and your administrators would be able to compromise your database integrity.

To quote George Orwell's Animal Farm, "But some are more equal than others" ;)

I really don't think Anubis was being serious, hence the "LOL" appended to the post...

Nice triple post.

Well if you are all equal then just make 'em all Root's LOL.

Why thank you! (w00t)

Something funky happened when I tried to post, so I went to quick-reply instead. Guess it posted when it gave me that error..

Oh wellz.

It's not that I don't trust the other admins, it's that it is a potential security issue. Not only that, but the other admins sort of have a thing where they have root power and everyone else doesn't...;)

Someone who I trust with my life had his IPB account hacked on my forums...he was only an admin, but they did a bit of damage. Just the thought of what could have happened if the guy was a root admin makes me shudder.

True, true.

Well my advice to you would be to rename the root admin group to just Administrator or just make it the same as the other group, I'm guessing it should allow you to have two named the same...though I'm not entirely sure. Then it will appear as if you are in the same group as the normal admins but you will still be Root.

True, true.

Well my advice to you would be to rename the root admin group to just Administrator or just make it the same as the other group, I'm guessing it should allow you to have two named the same...though I'm not entirely sure. Then it will appear as if you are in the same group as the normal admins but you will still be Root.

I first though to of this, however; when using the search feature; it would show the option to select a particular group, which would be two administrator groups.

But then again, you could select that your group is hidden from the search.

:)

I've got a better idea without compromising a security feature that's there for a reason. How about you make the root admin group, by appearance, identical to the admin group and set the "Hide from member list" option to "Yes". That way it will appear like you are in the same group as the regular admins and one group will only appear in the member search. The only downside is you wouldn't be viewable in the member search (which I don't think should be problem). You'll be able to tell the difference in adminCP which group is which because one will have "( ROOT )" after it.

I've got a better idea without compromising a security feature that's there for a reason. How about you make the root admin group, by appearance, identical to the admin group and set the "Hide from member list" option to "Yes". That way it will appear like you are in the same group as the regular admins and one group will only appear in the member search. The only downside is you wouldn't be viewable in the member search (which I don't think should be problem). You'll be able to tell the difference in adminCP which group is which because one will have "( ROOT )" after it.

DOH!

-hands everyone in the thread a mallet-

You may now proceed to hit me with it. :)

That's exactly what I'll do.

Archived