Why the new icons in the reply boxes

Guest Avonlea22

I'm curious why the buttons were changed for the insert xxx reply box items, such as insert image, insert link, etc.?

They are difficult to make out, and without a mouseover, I wouldn't have been able to figure out what they were (well, except for maybe the email and quote). I really liked the old style better.

Do you think we will be able to just replace those gif images with the old?

There weren't any icons at all in IPB 2.1.7, so it's got to be a step up?

I'm sure you can figure out what "b", "i", "u" and the emoticon button if nothing else...

Ummm, my 2.1.7 board has icons. There is a picture of the earth and a chain link for the links, a picture of a tree for the insert image and a nice addressed envelope for the email.

And yes, the others are quite obvious. :)

Ummm, my 2.1.7 board has icons. There is a picture of the earth and a chain link for the links, a picture of a tree for the insert image and a nice addressed envelope for the email.

And yes, the others are quite obvious. :)

I agree... I could actually see what each icon is. With the new ones, I must hover.

l've mentioned this before, l have to wear glasses for the comp and l have a slight problem with contrast.

These buttons are hard to make out, and even when you know what they are, the Image, Link and Code ones are ridiculous, l still can't see what is actually on those buttons.

Time to return to the originals, or let us do it. Unlike 2.1 it isn't just a case of replacing the images in the /rte_images/ folder.

<_<

l've mentioned this before, l have to wear glasses for the comp and l have a slight problem with contrast.

These buttons are hard to make out, and even when you know what they are, the Image, Link and Code ones are ridiculous, l still can't see what is actually on those buttons.

Time to return to the originals, or let us do it. Unlike 2.1 it isn't just a case of replacing the images in the /rte_images/ folder.

<_<

It's just as simple, only a different folder. style_images/1/folder_editor_images/

For those of you who want to change them to the old style, these are the three obscure ones, replace the ones in your /style_images/*/folder_editor_images/ folder with your new ones, you may have to get rid of the old ones from your temp internet folder before you see them.

rte-code-button.pngrte-link-button.pngrte-image-button.png

:cool:

For those of you who want to change them to the old style, these are the three obscure ones, replace the ones in your /style_images/*/folder_editor_images/ folder with your new ones, you may have to get rid of the old ones from your temp internet folder before you see them.

rte-code-button.pngrte-link-button.pngrte-image-button.png

:cool:

Isn't the code one a little obscure? (By that I mean the one you provided in your post) - I actually had to right click and open the properties page on it to work out what it was for.

Isn't the code one a little obscure? (By that I mean the one you provided in your post) - I actually had to right click and open the properties page on it to work out what it was for.

It's exactly the same as the old one, which was a gif with no background. I just cleared the new button and added the old one.

This -> code.gif plus this -> blank-button.png

:)

It's exactly the same as the old one, which was a gif with no background. I just cleared the new button and added the old one.

This ->

code.gif

plus this ->

blank-button.png

:)

Fair enough, in that case the old one was obscure :P

To be honest I think the new code tag is more self describing than the old one - it looks quite similar to a "script" icon when you think about it...

Archived