Signature Parsing

Guest .Tim

10. Member signatures only parsed once per page load in a topic now

(above quote from the original announcement of IPB 2.2's features)

I just installed a clean copy of the RC1 from my client center. I added a signature to myself and made several replies to a post. This feature stated above does not work. I see my signature on every single post in the topic.

I think this is a great idea, but I haven't a clue if it's been finalized, or removed, or what. Any ideas, or am I just not looking in the right place to enable it in the ACP?

A per-user setting of this would be fantastic... let the user decide if they want to see a certain member's signature once or every time in a topic.

(above quote from the original announcement of IPB 2.2's features)

I just installed a clean copy of the RC1 from my client center. I added a signature to myself and made several replies to a post. This feature stated above does not work. I see my signature on every single post in the topic.

I think this is a great idea, but I haven't a clue if it's been finalized, or removed, or what. Any ideas, or am I just not looking in the right place to enable it in the ACP?

A per-user setting of this would be fantastic... let the user decide if they want to see a certain member's signature once or every time in a topic.

The feature works perfectly fine. IPB correctly only parsed that signature once. The remaining occurrances on the page did not need to be reparsed.

i think you made a confusion.
parsing (processing) has nothing to do with showing (the results of processing).
the idea is to cut down processing time. previously ipb parsed the user signature (bbcode and stuff - i use a sequence that removes pictures from signatures) for every post displayed on a forum page, generating each time the result to be displayed. now they mean the signature is parsed (interpreted) once (probably at first ocurance in a page) and the output cached somewhere. if the same user has another post in the same page, the signature is taken from the cache instead of being processed again. what are the chances a user will change his signature in the mean time (less than a second)?
therefore this is an improvement towards reducing page generation time.

Archived