Moderation menu on search results

Guest dyelton

Well, it certainly would only be available to the groups that can access it now. When I say a lot more resource intensive, I don't mean it's horrible or anything like that - but all the forum stuff would have to get sorted on a per record basis, whereas in a topic environment it's global for all the records.

Then you'd have to update each forum that was changed individually.

but how will you change the color of admin/member/rootadmin or ECT..to red or whatever you want color

Go away. That's nothing to do with this topic.

On topic of the request, what about the basic moderation options available from search. Such as Delete, Edit, and Lock. IMO it's a pretty good middle ground.

but how will you change the color of admin/member/rootadmin or ECT..to red or whatever you want color

Be gone with you!

Bfarber how many queries would this add to the view new page and how many total queries would adding this result in?

How many queries are we talking here?

See Below.

Go away. That's nothing to do with this topic.

On topic of the request, what about the basic moderation options available from search. Such as Delete, Edit, and Lock. IMO it's a pretty good middle ground.

Delete, edit and lock still require the forums to be updated, and the individual forums to be parsed, so it wouldn't change anything. Though not pulling in the multi-mod stuff would help.

Be gone with you!

Bfarber how many queries would this add to the view new page and how many total queries would adding this result in?

I can't really answer that without adding the functionality in. If completely overhauled to do it properly, possibly 1-3 on display, but probably significantly more when parsed on the backend. Since each topic is in/could be in it's own forum, you'd have to run a query to find out what forum each topic was in (1 query using an IN statement). Then, after you edit/delete/lock each topic, you'd have to update each forum (which would be one query per forum, plus you'd have to update the forum cache).

I honestly can't answer definitively...I know the moderator and func_mod files would need to be severely overhauled as they rely upon one forum per page load, and would need to support one forum per operation.

Archived