IPSBeyond Access?

Guest PolakTom101

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be very dissapointed if they open IPSBeyond more..

It is actually nice to have a place for Real License holder to be.

For people that rarely or never use a ticket and have a perpetual license. What is the point of paying $30 a year to have access to a place where everyone else have access too.

I think it is poor business.

Cheers

PMarch

I will be very dissapointed if they open IPSBeyond more..

It is actually nice to have a place for Real License holder to be.

For people that rarely or never use a ticket and have a perpetual license. What is the point of paying $30 a year to have access to a place where everyone else have access too.

I think it is poor business.

Cheers

PMarch

The $30 year is for official support. IPSBeyond is not considered official support since anyone and everyone can give it. Essentially you're paying $30 for official support here, and to be able to download many of the same mods and unofficial support you can download and get for free elsewhere. With this new pricing structure, its also possible and likely less people will renew there support right away until they need to. When that happens at the current way of doing things, IPSBeyond would also start having a bit less activity. Which is counterproductive. I find the whole setup flawed at this point. We'll see what they have up their sleeves though.

• Management

Continued access to IPSBeyond is a "perk" for those who continue to do business with us. IPSBeyond was introduced after the perpetual license and always was and always will be a value-add for current customers, we've been very forthcoming about that from the beginning. If you choose not to renew or do business with us again - be it support, or a license or another product, we respect that decision and appreciate your past business, just please be reasonable and realistic in your expectations.

To those concerned about us "opening it up" further - I think you might have the wrong idea. If we proceed, it will simply be the ability to read a bit more of the site. Posting, downloads, etc. will still be restricted to current customers.

Hope that helps.

The $30 year is for official support. IPSBeyond is not considered official support since anyone and everyone can give it. Essentially you're paying $30 for official support here, and to be able to download many of the same mods and unofficial support you can download and get for free elsewhere. With this new pricing structure, its also possible and likely less people will renew there support right away until they need to. When that happens at the current way of doing things, IPSBeyond would also start having a bit less activity. Which is counterproductive. I find the whole setup flawed at this point. We'll see what they have up their sleeves though.

Maybe it is but the $30 a year gives you access to IPS Beyond..

And I can tell you that this is the only reason I will pay the $30 a year..

If IPS beyond is open to everyone.. why would I pay that. Not for support.. I dont need any.

Cheers

PMarch

To those concerned about us "opening it up" further - I think you might have the wrong idea. If we proceed, it will simply be the ability to

read

a bit more of the site. Posting, downloads, etc. will still be restricted to current customers.

Hope that helps.

Why would people that dont pay.. be able to read in there..

They have here to read...

Let us the paying customer have our own place without others being able to see..

My opinion only..

Cheers

PMarch

stobbo, are you by any chance a perpetual license owner ;)

And lifetime license owners do have unlimited IPSBeyond access

Actually I am not a perpetual license holder :P

I think allowing access to downloads at IPSB would be good for perputual licenses, but it is IPS's choice, not mine :P

Why would people that dont pay.. be able to read in there..

They have here to read...

Let us the paying customer have our own place without others being able to see..

My opinion only..

Cheers

PMarch

For the same reason MMORPG developers always open their forums for all to read, but lock posting to current subscribers. To let you know what you're missing out on :P

If IPSB's resources were completely made by Invision, then it would make sense to restrict it to "active" customers. But it's not, and it's a community resource. We shouldn't have to keep sending money to IPS to keep using this "perk" that's made by the community.

True and I see your point. But the majority of IPS Customers do not see it that way, and therefore IPS wont be changing.

Seeing as IPS appears to be moving to yearly licenses anyway, I doubt this will get any consideration. Still, those of us who payed for Perpetual licenses shouldn't be locked out of it because we don't need "official" support. IPS, I think it's great that you set all of this up, but I shouldn't need to buy stuff from you to view the work of others.

• Management

Seeing as IPS appears to be moving to yearly licenses anyway, I doubt this will get any consideration. Still, those of us who payed for Perpetual licenses shouldn't be locked out of it because we don't need "official" support. IPS, I think it's great that you set all of this up, but I shouldn't need to buy stuff from you to view the work of others.

There are free resource sites available if that's the route you wish to take - we're certainly not forcing you to renew, but access to IPSBeyond has never been a part of your perpetual license purchase. It's been a value-add for those who maintain a license with us. You're pretty clear that you don't wish to renew as you don't need technical support and that's great, as said before, we respect that decision. We only ask that you respect our decision to draw a virtual line between the service you've actually purchased (perpetual access to product upgrades) and other services we provide.

With that said, you will find in coming weeks and months that IPSBeyond will be getting an overhaul and even more tools and resources will be added and expanded upon. I think you'll find $30 for access to IPSBeyond alone is and will continue to be worth every penny. :)

I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Management

What if access to IPSB could be purchased separately? I wouldn't mind a small yearly fee, so long as I can get it separate from official support, which I've never needed.

If you have a Perpetual License you can purchase access for just $2.50 per month.

Ooops, I'm sorry, I didn't think that posting smilies was not acceptable, my apologies.

What I meant to express was that it is a sad decision for me, but a decision nonetheless and since there is nothing we can do about it I guess I might as well just (as I said before) be sad.

l think this will lead to people pulling their supplied resources off the forum when their time is up.

If l had no access l would pull my skins off, and if l had mods, which l could no longer offer support for, l would pull them too.

Beyond contains almost nothing that isn't supplied and maintained by it's members.

If you have a Perpetual License you can purchase access for just $2.50 per month.

you can purchase it on a monthly basis now, or is this just a reworded 30$ a year?

Archived