Board/Gallery/Blog

Guest TestingSomething

I am very pleased with all 3, now that I have finally been able to get them to install well enough to use.

Board--- I wish the edited by line would be in that block, along with the reason. That is about the only thing I think looks "off". Well also in standard editor, there is a ton of blank space above the post entry box, for some reason. I personally like most of the features. Obviously we can't try admin notes yet though, and I have no clue where they would be placed. When someone says they "ban" a member, I don't know what they are saying. The only options anywhere are "suspend", as far as I can tell, other than having a banned "group", but moving someone to a group wouldnt bring up an admin notes feature, so I am confused where exactly this will take place.

Blogs--- so far not too many changes for me to comment on, but it looks nicer in general and has some new features which I personally just am not into blogging enough to know much about. The one thing I wish would be added is post incrementing for blog entries and comments. Brandon added that for gallery commenting and I wanted that for blog and gallery for a long time now because SOME members PURPOSELY do not use them because they think there is no point posting something when it won't raise their post count. I realize rebuilding post counts would take them back away, but WHO ever uses rebuild user post count? I have never used it, nor do I ever intend to.

Gallery--- It is MUCH better than the last version. A few bugs/inconveniences still, but the overall look and user-friendliness is much better than it has been, although could use a few improvements. The only suggestion I really would have for gallery would be to add some cool features which photo editors usually have. One example would be magnification! That would be very cool if it could be used in viewing the pictures. Not to edit them, but for people viewing. Some interactive things like that would be pretty cool. I have no clue if that can be done or not, but I am just stating something that came to my mind which would be cool to have for a gallery display. :)

Anyway I am mainly just posting this in case anyone has any opinions on the blog and gallery changes I think should be made and also just to say that I think they are all coming along nicely.

.Will must like it so much he had to say so twice. :D jk

Gallery--- It is MUCH better than the last version. A few bugs/inconveniences still, but the overall look and user-friendliness is much better than it has been, although could use a few improvements. The only suggestion I really would have for gallery would be to add some cool features which photo editors usually have. One example would be magnification! That would be very cool if it could be used in viewing the pictures. Not to edit them, but for people viewing. Some interactive things like that would be pretty cool. I have no clue if that can be done or not, but I am just stating something that came to my mind which would be cool to have for a gallery display.

Hey, that's actually a really neat idea (and not impossible using javascript alone). I'd imagine it with a slider type graphic you can drag left and right to increase/decrease width/height respectively. Good idea. We'll see for the next version. Remember - I just took over gallery, and I really wanted to concentrate on "cleaning" it up before adding a ton of new features. I've got a lot of ideas in the works for the next (major) release so stay tuned.

.Will must like it so much he had to say so twice. :D jk

Hey, that's actually a really neat idea (and not impossible using javascript alone). I'd imagine it with a slider type graphic you can drag left and right to increase/decrease width/height respectively. Good idea. We'll see for the next version. Remember - I just took over gallery, and I really wanted to concentrate on "cleaning" it up before adding a ton of new features. I've got a lot of ideas in the works for the next (major) release so stay tuned.

Thanks. I have no idea what even made me think of it. I always thought of gallery just as something where you look at pictures and that's it. But it would definitely be "different" and more interactive if you can not only view them, but actually play around with them. I don't know if things such as magnify, rotate, etc... could be done (and without page refreshes) but it could be a little cool thing or if there were other "tools" I cant really think of....

I havent tried e-cards yet to see if anything changed on those, but I think those and slideshow could most likely be improved upon also. Overall, I like most everything right now with it though. I will probably buy it for my second site.

Oh and of course the provate clubs like blog has (and hgallery was supposed to have), that is still the MAIN thing I was hoping for.

Yeah, I know private clubs is on my list - I just didn't have time to do everything for them that needed to be done (whatever code was previously done is no longer there).

With the resizing, you can do it inline with javascript relatively easily I'm sure. :)

If it does ever have any tools to it, it would be good to have it a nice looking bar and then the e-card icon could be moved to that or something....and maybe save and print icons. Hmm. I dont know, just thinking. Someone else had mentioned having links under it like photobucket does where it could be %7Boption%7D link, url link, etc etc.... And it would be good if it is very simple and obvious how to have your gallery pics posted into topics.

ANyway this obviously isnt the gallery suggestions area. Sorry. lol

Archived