"Reason for editing"

Guest Luke

The reason for edit: lalalal

This post has been edit by %name %date %time. Edited %numbers time in total.

Counting and showing edit, and reason for edit should be "optional" in acp so admin can pick to enable it or disable it..

Edit counting would be good! Idk, why IPS is not adding this feature.

This is what I was saying about the text editor. Why fill the software up with load of features that only small % of users will use. I see no reason to have a "Reason to edit" topic feature in any shap or form. It would be simple to just remove it and anyone who wants it, they can either do it themself or hire a modder to do.

The reason for edit: lalalal

This post has been edit by %name %date %time. Edited %numbers time in total.

Counting and showing edit, and reason for edit should be "optional" in acp so admin can pick to enable it or disable it..

Edit counting would be good! Idk, why IPS is not adding this feature.

So you're trying to turn this into IGNBoards?

Well I was going to mess with the edit option a bit more but it seems that IPS has remove the button to edit your own posts now...

What the heck? Why can't I edit my old post? I can only edit my last post. This is totally 100% lame. This is how it is on most phpBoards... please put it back! I want to be able to edit my old post if I choose to. Why on earth was this even added??? Thats another point against 2.2 for me. I may as well stick to 2.1.7 at this point. :'(

Its the colors, color combination, graphic placement of various icons, the icons themselves
that make IPB forum way ahead of other forums. I think 80% of the credit goes to the deziners. :)

Coding part is almost the same as for IPB, SMF etc. All are good. But then in the end
the deziners of IPB steal the show.

Feel like editing all the posts here and leaving a reason behind for editing.
It looks damn good. :)

Well I was going to mess with the edit option a bit more but it seems that IPS has remove the button to edit your own posts now...

WTF? Why can't I edit my old post? I can only edit my last post. This is totally 100% lame. This is how it is on most phpBoards... please put it back! I want to be able to edit my old post if I choose to. Why on earth was this even added??? Thats another point against 2.2 for me. I may as well stick to 2.1.7 at this point. :'(

You really do jump the gun a bit don't ya. Theres a limit on the time you can edit a post. Your post most likely went past this, if you made a new post you would be able to edit it.

This is what I was saying about the text editor. Why fill the software up with load of features that only small % of users will use. I see no reason to have a "Reason to edit" topic feature in any shap or form. It would be simple to just remove it and anyone who wants it, they can either do it themself or hire a modder to do.

We did not specifically add "useless" features, nor did we attempt to copy any other software out there.

Quite simply: an enormous amount of users have requested the feature, and we decided to add it in. You can easily skin out the "reason for edit" field in the post form template, and henceforth that field will do nothing (and won't show up in edited posts). Quite simple.

WTF? Why can't I edit my old post? I can only edit my last post. This is totally 100% lame. This is how it is on most phpBoards... please put it back! I want to be able to edit my old post if I choose to. Why on earth was this even added??? Thats another point against 2.2 for me. I may as well stick to 2.1.7 at this point. :'(

There's a post edit timelimit here - this is configurable in IPB (feature available at least since 2.0).

We did not specifically add "useless" features, nor did we attempt to copy any other software out there.

Adding a "reason for editing" line is a pointless feature. Lot of people agree that its not needed and that they way its showing is not like by some. Personally I haven't read anywhere here where members want this feature. If they want something that bad, ask the modding community to make it.

The comment about copying others, I wasn't saying that IPS does, someone else said it I was only point out that they look the same. And yeah in my book, if something becomes a hit/crazy a must have and everyone adds it, that's copying. One of the reasons I liked IPB was it wasn't just a copy of all must have forum features.

You really do jump the gun a bit don't ya. There's a limit on the time you can edit a post. Your post most likely went past this, if you made a new post you would be able to edit it.

I don't like the time limit on editing post. I think its stupid personally. I thought it wasn't set here. Its really not a big deal, so I'm really not sweating over it.

Quite simply: an enormous amount of users have requested the feature, and we decided to add it in. You can easily skin out the "reason for edit" field in the post form template, and henceforth that field will do nothing (and won't show up in edited posts). Quite simple.

Well I haven't seen one topic requesting this feature. I also think its save to say that most IPB users don't take part in beta testing nor do they post on these forums. The only reason I'm posting here so much now is I want to be able to test out 2.2 as encoding it has stop me from using it on my own.

Which is fine is so many wan this feature. If I upgrade, just more time I have to spend removing it on top of everything else I'm going to have to do to get my board install to what I want.

I don't like the time limit on editing post. I think its stupid personally.

Well, many users have many uses for it. The same with the 'Reason For Editing', and adding the 'Edited By' line. These were all widely requested - even if there isn't a big topic on our forums about it. Only a small amount of our customers use these forums.

Archived