To upgrade or not.

Guest theclub

• Management

maybe by version 3, IPB will realize the loss of revenue and do like many companies with a 'project turnaround' and go back to what works and offer means to turn options on and off within the aCP

Loss of revenue? Sales have shot through the roof now that IPB 2.2 is in RC format and the license is due to change. Also, we've secured many new large contracts based on the improvements in IPB 2.2.

I think it's folly to condemn this new release because some people have commented that they don't like the new text editor icons.

If you look back far enough, people hated text editor changes between IPB 1.3 and IPB 2.0.0 and the changes between IPB 2.0.0 and 2.1.0. At each step a few people have told us that everyone is going to vote with their feet and abandon IPB because of the awful changes. It hasn't happened yet, and I can't see it happening with IPB 2.2.0. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can more attention please be paid to features that expand on the intrinsic raison d'etre of forums - which is to discuss and share and question and get access to accrued knowledge......

I've said previously how I would like a similar topics feature. One of the biggest issues I face is that my visitors come for new posts and topics, but anything older gets forgotten. Help members to remember past topics. Maybe implement a tag system or something.

Stuff like that.

Loss of revenue? Sales have shot through the roof now that IPB 2.2 is in RC format and the license is due to change. Also, we've secured many new large contracts based on the improvements in IPB 2.2.

I think it's folly to condemn this new release because some people have commented that they don't like the new text editor icons.

If you look back far enough, people hated text editor changes between IPB 1.3 and IPB 2.0.0 and the changes between IPB 2.0.0 and 2.1.0. At each step a few people have told us that everyone is going to vote with their feet and abandon IPB because of the awful changes. It hasn't happened yet, and I can't see it happening with IPB 2.2.0. :)

and matt will be making the same post in the same thread started when ipb 3.0 comes out :P. Cus ppl have to pick at things.

Archived