only customer can download the public beta?

Guest Hanschke

So can I pay $10 now to "reserve" my $69 price?

I am guessing that I can't. I won't be able to afford the new price. I am not sure how that compares with vBulletin's pricing regime but it seems high. I'm going to ask why it was increased.

I'm sorry if my questions seem dumb.

I am guessing that I can't. I won't be able to afford the new price. I am not sure how that compares with vBulletin's pricing regime but it seems high. I'm going to ask why it was increased.

I don't know where you're getting this $10 thing, but I don't believe you can, no.

he is wrong about one thing, if your license expires you dont have access to the security updates, as you wont be able to download anything.

Incorrect. I based that statement on a statement by Lindy, who as the COO of Invision Power Services, should know.

It is possible on third party sites like Invisionize to purchase second hand licenses (because they're good for life, a lot of people resell them when they no longer need them) - simply look for one with at least 3 months support left on it.

and your incorrect

as where would they get the security fix? they cant download it in their client center, they wont have IPSB to get it from and IPS certainly wont post it on the company forums.

For a Perpetual or Lifetime License, there's no such thing as not having access to the updates as it never expires update-wise.

they have posted telling us about the security fix but not the fix itself, the link always leads you to your client center to download it.

For a Perpetual or Lifetime License, there's no such thing as not having access to the updates as it never expires update-wise.

like dah, and i wasnt tallking about them now was i? this discussion started about the yearly/standard pricing and what comes with/without it

and your incorrect

as where would they get the security fix? they cant download it in their client center, they wont have IPSB to get it from and IPS certainly wont post it on the company forums.

riven3d, if my basis is the Chief Operating Officer of the company, then how exactly can I be incorrect? Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. You might want to take your foot out of your mouth.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=227136

Aha, found the thread!

Archived