September 23, 2006 in Feedback
Well I've been at it all day trying to get this encoded version to work. Doesn't seem to want to work. I keep getting this error:
Fatal error: Unable to read 23640 bytes in /########/forums/install/core/ipsclass.php on line 0
Which I know what it is, means the files are not uploaded in Binary. I upload them with dreamweaver 8. And yeah I have it set to upload php files in binary mode. But it doesn't seem to want to for some reason. I used smartftp to upload them and then I got this error:
Fatal error: Corrupted encoded data detected in /###/forums/instal/core/template.php on line 0
So I reupload everything and yeah in Binary mode but still doesn't work. And I check with my host and I have the encoder installed and working. So I guess I just wont mess with 2.2 until the unencoded version comes out. So my question is when will that be? I noted that the trial for this first release is Oct 15th. Does that mean a unecoded beta wont be out until then or will it be out sooner?
Should be out sooner... we'll have dates for you sometime next week methinks.
Thats good, because I think some of the new features will be much useful on my star wars rpg board I'm working on opening. In anycase I have more fun looking at the new code over the front end of the site. Plus I want to use the acp first hand.
Public Beta 1 seems to be quite stable for me and many others, which suggests that the final release of 2.2 should be rather soon.
I haven't had any big problems only small ones like the Emotions not working when you click on them but thats it.
I think it may just be my host giving me problems (server). In anycase as I said I really just want to look at the php files, see what the changes are and the level of remoding I'll have to do. On top of reinstalling all the other mods I installed from IZE and IPSBeyond.
+1 I hope we are not gonna wait to long before geting the unencoded version
I've had a few people sign up and play around with it on my server, and there's been no problems to be honest. I'd be comfortable using it on my live forum.
How I normally install IPB is to unzip the file into a folder on my PC and then upload it via FTP to my server... this wouldn't work with this beta as it gave consistant errors trying to install.I tried a direct zmodem to the server and while different errors, it still wouldn't work.Then I used secure ssh and placed the entire zipped file as from IPB into a folder and unzipped it right on the server.Then with only a few fights of getting the zend to cooperate, it installed fine for me. (I think zend must be made by the same guy who writes the window XP blue screen of death - lol)
its pretty stable I have only run into one error thus far.
For the most part public beta 1 is looking pretty good so you are right that it should not be long before an unencoded copy comes out.
Yeah, it's not too bad so far.Another beta or two would be a good idea just incase, before final... to ensure it to be bug free as possible.
Yeah, it's not too bad so far.
Another beta or two would be a good idea just incase, before final... to ensure it to be bug free as possible.
Iv heard people saying final wont be out till December. Do you honestly think it will take another 3 months to de-bug? You have had private testing for ages, now public testing and it seems from Beta 1 there isnt a lot the private guys missed. I cant see many more Beta / RC releases needed?
To fix the second error you need to delete all the files from the beta and then upload in binary freshly.Not sure why it does that but thats how to stop it.
The way the beta test is going I wiould say mid october when final is released
I agree this pb1 is going real well. It feels stable enough. I am more happy then 2.1.7 stable version. To bad there is no upgrade script. I could upgrade right away. :thumbsup:
Proibly the most stable beta I have used in awhile. back in the day when IPB Was free I had so many issues out of the Beat if 2.0 but this is an imvrovement
Not sure what people you're talking to :) I can pretty well say final will be out before December.
I know as soon as it comes out I will be upgrading. But as for this version, it would be a bad idea anyways.
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
The Old Man
Started Wednesday at 04:53 PM
Started Yesterday at 02:49 PM
Started March 10, 2023