the TOP and REPORT buttons

Guest TCWT

I think they should be left where it was originally, under the member's "post" in topic view. The PM button should be added back to where it was before. It's handy when you want to PM someone, one less click!! The older button placement seems more logical, don't you think? :)

I think they should be left where it was originally, under the member's "post" in topic view. The PM button should be added back to where it was before. It's handy when you want to PM someone, one less click!! The older button placement seems more logical, don't you think? :)

Nah I like this, and I think it will help Firefox spill over bugs in the Blog system :D

Because it's an extra click like I explained. Why make people click twice for a commonly used feature that was on display before? Put report under the dropdown instead that's used far less than the PM system.

OH NO!! One extra click? What are we going to do now? I mean this is so much hard work, we have to click twice instead of once and the popup menu takes what 0.1 seconds to load and show? Then you just click send PM.

Oh god IPS this is horrible..one whole extra click..[/sarcastic mocking]

I mean come on, be realistic, how much more time does it take to click one extra time? A second? It's really no problem at all.

Hell if enough people want the old way back I suggest IPS do this:

Have the new code in Topic View -> Render Row and then have the <!-- old code --> in comment tags. Users who like the old way could just delete the new, remove the comments, wallah?

I agree with Anubis on this. Moving those options to the ajax dropdown removes some of the clutter from the page, and and extra click is not the end of the world.

Yes I thinking adding an extra click to a feature that's constantly used is a bad move.

You constantly use that feature? I guess everyone uses the features on their board differently, I rarely have to use that button. Maybe in your case then you should add the button back to the post screen by editing the skin. IPS can't make a product that will please everybody with every single feature, but I'm having a hard time seeing how something as minor as this has anyone so worked up.

I'm not worked up. :unsure: I posted my opinion and got a sarcastic reply from someone acting like a complete plonker. I was under the impression this forum was for feedback.

Absolutely, I always use the PM function from the topic view. That's where I interact with people and decide to PM them.

I never said it was "the end of the world" I just said it was a bad move to hide features that I personally use all the time. I can't speak for everyone and never claimed I was speaking for everyone. Some people like moving all the "clutter" into a dropdown, some people like things laid out in front of them. I was just adding my 2 pence to the discussion.

I'm not worked up. :unsure: I posted my opinion and got a sarcastic reply from someone acting like a complete plonker. I was under the impression this forum was for feedback.

Absolutely, I always use the PM function from the topic view. That's where I interact with people and decide to PM them.

I never said it was "the end of the world" I just said it was a bad move to hide features that I personally use all the time. I can't speak for everyone and never claimed I was speaking for everyone. Some people like moving all the "clutter" into a dropdown, some people like things laid out in front of them. I was just adding my 2 pence to the discussion.

Absolutely agree. This board was for feedbacks from IPB frequent users. I do think it would be great if IPB restored the PM button. Some users might think that's absolutely rubbish feature but for frequent visitors like me, I do think that will make a difference.

I think that removing it has removed some of the clutter from that area (not that I necessarily thought that it was cluttered that much before). However, if one of my members posts in the suggestion forum that they would like a button there again, I would definitely consider adding it back.

Absolutely agree. This board was for

feedbacks

from IPB frequent users. I do think it would be great if IPB restored the PM button. Some users might think that's absolutely rubbish feature but for frequent visitors like me, I do think that will make a difference.

Thank you Netsoft that was all I was trying to say. :D

Also I've read the whole "yeah well if it's a problem you could mod it to add it back" reply in a few threads on varying subjects. But that's not in the spirit of what this forum was intended for. As Invision customers we're supposed to look over this release and comment on what we like and what we don't like, if there's something we'd personally change then we should comment and give our opinions. If Invision were taking the attitude of "yeah well so what, add it back yourself" to everything then I'm sure they wouldn't have put this forum here for us to comment in the first place.

I think a prominent PM button will also make newbies curiuos and they might click on it and discover a "new" feature to them. I just like to see it visible, more people would use it in my forums. Just my .02. IPB already removed a lot of clutter.. first it was the IM buttons in 1.3. Now it's the PM, Card buttons in 2.1. What are they going to remove next? I don't think it really clutters it that much, we already can't view a member's profile with ONE click.

Archived