Will most 2.1 mods and components work with 2.2?

Guest Dan F

There's only really very minor things I've found needed changing. Things like CSS class names for styles in the ACP, and a couple of APIs/functions and things moved around.

No one will know until we see the code. Most of the big mods like Army System, Arcade will be updated really fast but smaller mods may take some time or may not even ported over. That happen to lot of mods between 1.3 and 2.0 series as well as from 2.0 to 2.1.

No one will know until we see the code. Most of the big mods like Army System, Arcade will be updated really fast but smaller mods may take some time or may not even ported over. That happen to lot of mods between 1.3 and 2.0 series as well as from 2.0 to 2.1.

I see more mods being ported from 2.1 to 2.2 than from 2.0 to 2.1 since a lot of the 2.0 modders weren't able to port it since some of them didn't have a license.

I see more mods being ported from 2.1 to 2.2 than from 2.0 to 2.1 since a lot of the 2.0 modders weren't able to port it since some of them didn't have a license.

Thats true, but form what I can tell 2.2 core isn't much different form 2.1 so upgrading mods may be easy to do if not at all. The only mods I see not getting ported over are maybe as I said those smaller mods as the authors tend to only support one board version. Good chance as they don't have a license anymore.

Almost all components will be fine.

Most modifications will be ok, but there are some sections of code rewritten, so line numbers and such may change. Also, anything that touches the profile page or memberlist will of course need to be updated

Good. Thats kinda what I thought it would be... but I needed to make sure.

Archived