Fast Reply

Guest Jaggi

Probibly won't be done till 3.0 they are still tryign to understnad the AJAX coding

:lol: Trust me, Matt and I understand it. ;)

There's just no point in doing the fast reply like this - it's prone to failure. If someone posts before you it could cause posts not to be returned to the screen. Or if a couple posts are saved and you should be sent to page 2, how is that handled? All posts on the screen wiped out? I'd think that would confuse people.

At the end of the day, there just isn't a valid enough need for AJAX in the quick reply area.

:lol: Trust me, Matt and I understand it. ;)

There's just no point in doing the fast reply like this - it's prone to failure. If someone posts before you it could cause posts not to be returned to the screen. Or if a couple posts are saved and you should be sent to page 2, how is that handled? All posts on the screen wiped out? I'd think that would confuse people.

At the end of the day, there just isn't a valid enough need for AJAX in the quick reply area.

Yeah someone feels my pain. The only thing I could see the fast reply to need is maybe small tone down section for some common bbcode and smiles.

Ajax is making the web lazy. I could see the need for it back when we all had dial-up but now most have cable/DS or other means of highspeed Internet so unless you going to do some sort of full blow ajax application, all these little ajax things are just there and really don't have much of need other then one own.

well i agree but with huge forums with tens of thousands of members it does make a difference, i'm not a fan of ajax everywhere like another forum software we'll leave unamed for now :P but key placed ones do have advantages.

I agree they do, on small forums with low traffic a fast reply ajax thing may just be one of those cool things to look at but when we talk about big and active boards with 100s of people on at a time, it could really create a problem.

I agree they do, on small forums with low traffic a fast reply ajax thing may just be one of those cool things to look at but when we talk about big and active boards with 100s of people on at a time, it could really create a problem.

Yeah, really. Could you imagine posting here the last two days with five, six, maybe even seven posts all a minute ago, and you're using fast reply to ajax in a reply to the post before the group of new? >_<

Archived