a reputation system would make this the best

Guest Maddogg1177

i live the software, but the only thing missing is a good easy to folow reputation system, just where people can add a rep point or decrease one, but they can only do it a setain amount of times to a member or you can use the credit system, like RVB where they use mod points and you can only add or decrease the ammount that you have, and with either one when they add or decrease it, they can leave a comment, and it shows when they member did it to the other member, and theres a log that each member has and thats where all of the comments go, it is a bit complicated, bit sorta simple, and if this software had that, this is the one that i would chose hands down. :thumbsup:

i live the software, but the only thing missing is a good easy to folow reputation system, just where people can add a rep point or decrease one, but they can only do it a setain amount of times to a member or you can use the credit system, like RVB where they use mod points and you can only add or decrease the ammount that you have, and with either one when they add or decrease it, they can leave a comment, and it shows when they member did it to the other member, and theres a log that each member has and thats where all of the comments go, it is a bit complicated, bit sorta simple, and if this software had that, this is the one that i would chose hands down. :thumbsup:

Agreed, surprised it's not part of the system.

• 5 months later...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!! what did i tell yeh?

they actually listened to me! the ratings are awsome guys, i love the upgrades.

but theres just one thing, i think that there should be an option, as you (the admin of your own site) should be able to toggle the reputation ratings to be shown in their post profile. you know what i mean? like if i had my own site, it would be cool if there was a feature that allowed me to toggle the reputation ratings of members to be shown in their posts, where their group, number of posts, and when they joined are. i think that would be damn cool.

but i love the way this is all working out.

and the gallery thing is better then i could have imagined.

• 1 month later...

There are hundreds of topics here about reputation system, and in all topics you can see that the answer is no. Here is an answer of bfarber in of these topics:

See, the thing is, just because you (and/or other members) like a certain modification (regardless of whether it's a reputation system, a shoutbox, a portal, etc. and so on), for us to build in one on this premise (that some want it and those who don't can just disable it), that's like saying we should build EVERYTHING in that SOMEONE may want, as long as there is the possibility of disabling it.

Not to say this might not be a good feature (I believe it's better left as an addon rather than being built into the forum myself), but there are hundreds of other good ideas too. There are priorities.

Yeah Digi is right, I am too lazy right now to add all of the edits for a rep system from AH Modding, but if it was built it I could see it suiting some forums and having a non-needed effect on other forums.

Yes it would be great if it came built in with a toggle, but its unnecessary and fits into the category of a modification.

This really [c|sh]ould be a component. Not everyone wants one and not everyone wants the extra bloat it would bring - this would have no place on corporate forums. I suggest you find a nice modification author to write one for you. :)

Components aren't flexible enough, requires lots of skin edits and page edits, no thanks.

Actually, a true "reputation" component (a system based EXACTLY off of vB in IPB component form) would only need edits to 3 page views. Each edit would be very minor in nature and would only include things like adding reputation amounts to each user in topic/profile view and buttons pointing to the add/remove rep forms. If you wanted some sort of snazzy ajax component for the add/remove, it would add some complexity to the skin edits, but would still be fairly manageable. Everything else could be handled without edits to source files and contained within additional component OR module files. While the component system is not able to bend to every modification's needs, in this very case it contains enough flexibility to pull off the job.

Forget. He can't done this :)

If you don't know anything about it, just stop talking about it. ;)

I did. Works perfectly on my community board and I will release it into public as soon as possible. :)

It is just not ready for everyone to use because it is specialized to my board. Needs some code changes before releasing.

If you don't know anything about it, just stop talking about it. ;)

I did. Works perfectly on my community board and I will release it into public as soon as possible. :)

It is just not ready for everyone to use because it is specialized to my board. Needs some code changes before releasing.

I think some people would be happy with jsut a link to your board to really see it working (if possible). I can't see using it myself, but there are a lot of forums with a different focus from mine that would probably use it.

Jesus. It doesn't matter if he can do it, has done it, or not. Who cares? Are you all up in arms because he hasn't proven that it can be done with only minor skin edits or because you actually want to use his mod? Proven or not, the fact remains that it can be done as a component with no source file edits.

Archived