Admin, ban with one click.

Guest Strange_Will

Now what I want is the ability for an admin to move someone into the "banned" group with one click, from the moderator window (or ban all people whose posting is disabled indefinately...)

It's kind of a pain that every bot that I ban I have to go in, edit their profile, change their primary group. Should be an easier solution for admins (though mods should only be able to disable... maybe mark "request ban" where an admin can approve it?)

Yes, but then if you want that you can move him to the banned user group. :P

Via

Main Page>ACP>Login>Redirect>Management>Member Management>Search>Username>Go>Click User>Change Primary Group>Save

PER USER!?! I can't think of what regular forums do, I run about 120 users and already find banning spambots (spampeople) and such a pain.

I'd rather

Click User>Ban

Under the warnings panel (only available to admins)

Also the option for mass banning is a good idea :D (so i can go through who has been permently disabled and check/ban them)

Via

Main Page>ACP>Login>Redirect>Management>Member Management>Search>Username>Go>Click User>Change Primary Group>Save

PER USER!?! I can't think of what regular forums do, I run about 120 users and already find banning spambots (spampeople) and such a pain.

I'd rather

Click User>Ban

Also the option for mass banning is a good idea :D (so i can go through who has been permently disabled and check/ban them)

Oh my gosh, a big plus for this much needed feature, as it's such a hassle currently.

Via

I'd rather

Click User>Ban

There's an Edit Member option to search for a member under Quick Clicks on the ACP home page :)

I would like this feature. I think you should be able to, when you click the button, set which group you want the user to be banned into, if you want the users posts to be deleted or moved to the trash can with some other usefull features.

FuSoYa has a fantastic paid mod, in the meantime for all you people who ban constantly, I think if you suspend until a date which has already gone by (for example, you suspend for -1 days, it will ban them permenatly. This was certainly the case in 1.3 but I have not tried it since then.

FuSoYa has a fantastic paid mod, in the meantime for all you people who ban constantly, I think if you suspend until a date which has already gone by (for example, you suspend for -1 days, it will ban them permenatly. This was certainly the case in 1.3 but I have not tried it since then.

So far I've only banned bots, but it's annoying to have to go through so many steps, take so much time, for a human that took maybe 10 seconds to fill out a registration forum, I shouldnt' have to work harder to get him off my forum than he should to get on.

• 1 year later...

And here it is TWO YEARS LATER with no resolution?!?!

I can't believe it!

I've posted the same issue another section, but isn't there SOME place to get a mod that does this?

Man, I've been SO impressed with the new IPB, that this item makes me start to wonder who's steering the ship.

Come on..... two YEARS?!?!

"Ban Button".... simple answer. Simple implementation, too. Why hasn't it been done?

And here it is TWO YEARS LATER with no resolution?!?!

I can't believe it!

I've posted the same issue another section, but isn't there SOME place to get a mod that does this?

Man, I've been SO impressed with the new IPB, that this item makes me start to wonder who's steering the ship.

Come on..... two YEARS?!?!

"Ban Button".... simple answer. Simple implementation, too. Why hasn't it been done?

Just because something gets suggested and a few folks chime in with a "OMG! What a coolio idea! +1 +1 +1 +1" doesn't mean it will get implemented. :)

You say that it's a simple implementation - so implement it. :thumbsup:

If I knew how, I would have already, and shared it in the Resource section. :D

Do YOU know how to write it?

If so, PLEASE do so. You'll get a LOT of thanks, not the least of which will be from me.

And just FYI, there are FAR more than "a few folks" who want this feature (back! - was there previously), given the search page*S* I've just viewed here.

It's really not that difficult. To make things simple, just check for administrator privileges, check that the provided member ID exists and can be banned by the user, and then query the database. If you wanted to make a nice interface, then that might take a little bit longer, but the underlying code is very simplistic.

Archived