AJAX Thread Rating

Guest Quillz

As you may or may not know, vBulletin 3.6 Beta 1 is now running on the vB Community Forum. One of the new features is AJAX thread rating. As the name implies, upon rating the thread, the page is instantly loaded without refreshing, and the updated average rating of the thread is displayed. Again, with no page refreshing. I think this would be a nice feature to be added into IPB 2.2 or 3.0. It's also another well implemented way of using AJAX. :thumbsup:

Yeah this would be nice.

In addition to this improvement to the rating system, it should show your current rating given as well as the number of ratings given to a topic. Kind of odd that that was left out.

In addition to this improvement to the rating system, it should show your current rating given as well as the number of ratings given to a topic. Kind of odd that that was left out.

That's what I meant by "...and the updated average rating of the thread is displayed."

Also, I don't know if this is already a part of 2.1.x, but if not, you should be able to mouseover the topic rating icons on the showforum.php pages, and the mouseover would display the total number of ratings, as well as the average.

+1 for the suggestion,,

-It seems IPB lacks some good feature that vBulletin has which would be a good addition to IPB before it comes to where IE 7 stands now (Catching Up). But what I hate the most about vBulletin is their forum "Design". It seems so poor. Anyways, enough said!

+1 for the suggestion,,

-It seems IPB lacks some good feature that vBulletin has which would be a good addition to IPB before it comes to where IE 7 stands now (Catching Up). But what I hate the most about vBulletin is their forum "Design". It seems so poor. Anyways, enough said!

Design is a matter of opinion. I think that IPB has a nicer stock layout, but vB has nicer stock images.

+1 for the suggestion,,

I agree, IPB seems much more elegant and professional looking. vB has a much more industrial look to it.

Archived