Members Online Today & Banning System!

Guest MasumX

I don't understand why IPB is not adding those two feature to their board as those two comes in handy. They're both cool and needed by user and admin to have and it would be easy to "Ban" a user and see who was online today. They should have this in ACP something like that inside "User Group Management" so you can select which group can "Ban" like mod, supermod, admin etc. I would suggest to place these two little mod inside of it on the next release or so.

-I'm not sure if this feature was requested before or not (maybe has), if so, please direct me to it or what was their reply to it...

dunno about adding the members online today mod that might just take up a huge amount of storage with all the members IPS gets logged in every day. Group name indicator might be nice though so newbies like me don't browse differnet profiles to see what different colors represent :D

See, there has to be a balance though of great features without BLOATING the software. Sometimes, it comes to a point where while something is cool and a lot of people like it, it is just best to leave that to a modification. :)

You'd be surprised how many people want us to strip and remove some of the features already there, rather than add more.

dunno about adding the members online today mod that might just take up a huge amount of storage with all the members IPS gets logged in every day. Group name indicator might be nice though so newbies like me don't browse differnet profiles to see what different colors represent :D

Read lupin84 reply ^^

I'd like to see the Members Online Today feature. :) Very handy.

^^

*nods* I understand that. Could it not be something that could be turned on/off in the admin panel, Brandon? That way those who don't want to use it don't have to but the option is there for those who do ...?

Agreed! If you like it, use it. If you don't, don't use it.

See, there has to be a balance though of great features without BLOATING the software. Sometimes, it comes to a point where while something is cool and a lot of people like it, it is just best to leave that to a modification. :)

You'd be surprised how many people want us to strip and remove some of the features already there, rather than add more.

But you see it's pain to have MOD and do upgrade after the new version comes out. so, It's better if you just add this feature to it, as its needed by many probably. Like "lupin84" said, you can always have a option to turn on/off in ACP.

Please don't strip anything :P

IPB isn't bloated at all, it just has a large feature-set which is a great thing. Which can't really be called bloatware IMO.

But yes, something like this would definitely be considered "bloat" I do agree with you Brandon, there comes a time where just because everyone thinks a mod is really cool doesn't mean it should be added as apart of the default featureset.

Please don't strip anything :P

IPB isn't bloated at all, it just has a large feature-set which is a great thing. Which can't really be called bloatware IMO.

But yes, something like this would definitely be considered "bloat" I do agree with you Brandon, there comes a time where just because everyone thinks a mod is really cool doesn't mean it should be added as apart of the default featureset.

Hmm...But if "Who is" can be added why not "Who Was"..almost the same...just a bit differ.

Who is shows who is online right then (who is in the sessions table).

To show who WAS online, you need to record that, which means recording all visits, which ends up filling up quickly on a large site...

Don't get me wrong...on most sites I ran for personal fun, I installed the mod too. :P It's fine on an average board. But it's just not something that really needs to be there by default.

Archived