Product Integration

Guest jordanthegreat

Hello,

I didnt know where to ask this as there is no board for General discussion of products but here I go anyway. I see that you guys make alot of very interesting products for web development. I was wondering though if you make them to integrate with each other well. Take for example, if I used your message boards and your blog, could I have it so that a person registered on the board is automatically registered on the blog as well?

Thanks,
Jordan

Unfortunately the blog and galleries are just modules for the forum. I bought the gallery under the impression it was a stand-alone product that would simply have integration with the forum. I was very disappointed. So while yes, they do integrate with each other, that's only because they can't run without the forum.

As a note, this is expected to change in the future - the modules are expected to be ported so they can run separately, or from within the forums. Our converge framework is undergoing a major overhaul and the changes will be seen when Nexus and IP Dynamic are released, so any changes to the Blog./Gallery won't be seen until after that point.

Oh if that happens I might be swayed to use my IPG again. I actually ditched it and went back to coppermine. Although there were many issues I had with the product, the biggest was that it was like an after-thought of the forums. The gallery on my site isn't one I encourage people to upload to - it holds all the site pictures and I only really wanted intergration so that people could use the same account, profile etc between the 2 when commenting and rating images. If the blog were seperate too I may even consider buying that.

Thanks for the info.

Archived