User Rating & Sorting Topics Based on Rating

Guest Sebastian Mares

Hello!

With IPB 2.1 it is now possible to rate topics. Why not go a step further and also be able to rate users?
Also, I would like to be able to sort the topic list based on the user rating. It would be nice to have all topics with five stars for example appear at the top of the list, followed by four star topics, etc.

Edit: Regarding sorting... Maybe instead of sorting by topic rating, add an option so only topics with three or more stars for example are shown (while still sorting by last post).

Sebastian

I think the idea of rating users is good, though there is a 'sort of' modification for members to be able to "reward" and "scald" other members. But this disables the warning system.

Not quite sure what you mean by sorting, you mean instead of topics being sorted by the last post, you want it sorted depending on the author's rating?

Not quite sure what you mean by sorting, you mean instead of topics being sorted by the last post, you want it sorted depending on the author's rating?

I edited my post a few minutes after submitting. My first thought was to sort the topics based on the topic rating, but then I realized that an old topic with a five star rating would appear at the top of the list. My new idea is to filter topics, so one can specify that topics should be visible for him/her only if they have three or more stars for example.

Problem with rating users though. What would happen? would the admin ban the "low start" rated users? "something special"? Something like that you know the banned members/those that aren't really good could and probably would just make new accounts and rate their main account. To prevent, I think a suggestion is: People of the same IP should not be able to rate people more than once. Or something like that.

Archived