Invision Gallery 2.0.4 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Kinder!

How long until you put in an RSS export option, or a way to export some images to non-IPB pages? Surely you do realise the significance of publicity for gallery owners, in that we do need a way to show visitors images from the gallery on other pages on our sites, to aid in driving visitors to the gallery itself? This is something that needs to be in there from day 1!!

>_< :)

Mr Kinder!

How long until you put in an RSS export option, or a way to export some images to non-IPB pages? Surely you do realise the significance of publicity for gallery owners, in that we do need a way to show visitors images from the gallery on other pages on our sites, to aid in driving visitors to the gallery itself? This is something that needs to be in there from [b]day 1[/b]!!

>_< :)

I wouldn't look for a RSS export option to handle that per se, however I am working on a pluggable API for Gallery 2.1 that will allow you to pull images based on categories and such for non-IPB pages.

I see the list of bug fixes, but is there a list as to which files are affected? anything to do with the gallery skin templates? My templates are customized and I would like to see what changes might need to be made in regards to the skins.

Thank you!

Lisa was gonna also ask this, but note Adam has already answered above. Looks like we may not have many issues with this upgrade :thumbsup:

Adam does this release include the change to the header font encoding default ?

To anyone above complaining, okay we may be getting a fast release schedule but you can also by pass releases. Have a 2.1.2 board which l'll upgrade when 2.1.4 is released :)

Think l'll just go ahead and update sites using older versions of the gallery, it actually doesn't take that long to do an upgrade if you follow the instructions :thumbsup:

The following bits have been changed:

[b]skin_gallery_image -> show_image[/b]

<td class="formsubtitle" valign="top" rowspan="2" align="right">{$info['rate']}</td>

</tr> 					</tr>

<tr><td class="formsubtitle">

<if="info['copyright'] != ''">

<i>{$info['copyright']}</i><br />

</if>

<if="info['credit_info'] !=''">

{ipb.lang['credit_line']} {$info['credit_info']}

</if>

</td></tr>

skin_gallery_cats -> cat_view_top
The entire javascript part was removed and placed in ipb_galleryjs.js ( part of the Gallery download ).

If you're noticing any Javascript problems or errors, make sure you clear your browser cache first, as some functions have been moved to a file instead of being inline.

Ok, thanks a million! :thumbsup: :D

Jesus instead of releasing one every week, can you actually just wait.

Speaking of worthless post indeed!

Well done IPS, and please keep updating and releasing new build as you been doing now, it great to see a company care too much about thier costumers by doing fast update releases whne it need it, many thanks indeed.

Need to conform one thing before I upgrade to this build, last time when I installed gallery 2.0.3, I face upload problem (I post it on News and Upadte Discussion - Invision Gallery 2.0.03 Released thread), and IPS personals fix the problem. I will face the same problem again when upgrade to 2.0.4?

Well done again and my best.

Speaking of worthless post indeed!

Well done IPS, and please keep updating and releasing new build as you been doing now, it great to see a company care too much about thier costumers by doing fast update releases whne it need it, many thanks indeed.

Need to conform one thing before I upgrade to this build, last time when I installed gallery 2.0.3, I face upload problem (I post it on News and Upadte Discussion - Invision Gallery 2.0.03 Released thread), and IPS personals fix the problem. I will face the same problem again when upgrade to 2.0.4?

Well done again and my best.

If the upload problem you are referring to was the movie upload issues, those have been corrected in 2.0.4

If the upload problem you are referring to was the movie upload issues, those have been corrected in 2.0.4

Hi Adam, no, actully the folder upload problem, let me quote it here:

IPB WARNING [2] move_uploaded_file(/home/******/public_html/forum/uploads/1106413861/gallery_1_5_153913.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied (Line: 997 of /modules/gallery/lib/gallery_library.php)

IPB WARNING [2] move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpIQ8aIY' to '/home/******/public_html/forum/uploads/1106413861/gallery_1_5_153913.jpg' (Line: 997 of /modules/gallery/lib/gallery_library.php)

But as I said, you guys fix it, so upgrading to this build, I will face the same problem again?

Thanks for your time Adam for answering this, my best.

Hi Adam, no, actully the folder upload problem, let me quote it here:

But as I said, you guys fix it, so upgrading to this build, I will face the same problem again?

Thanks for your time Adam for answering this, my best.

No, you won't have that issue when you upgrade, the issue you were having was because of incorrect permission problems on your server, it was unrelated to Gallery :)

I have been pretty happy with 2.0.3 but, like most here, I am glad to see a regular update rollout. Says to me that you are on top of things and responsive to the feedback your customers are giving you - which is all good, thanks!

I second that! Thanks Adam! :thumbsup:

Question for ze:

As well as the main categories/albums on the main gallery page I have the members albums, however when you click on the link to members albums instead of showing the choice of albums, it just shows all the images from all of the categories. Should it not display the members that have albums and then you select the member's album that you want to see and then it shows their images?

If you need to specifically see it, please PM me, or let me know here, and I will create an account for you.

FINALLYU, i figured it out myself !!!
Ever since the 2.03 upgrade, the WMV file upload was denied.
Turn out that it was APPROVE upload was set to no by uo\pgrade.
This could have been resolved LONG ago if someone would have taken the time to go through the settings as asked.
Anyway, works now.
Happy Thanksgiving

FINALLYU, i figured it out myself !!!

Ever since the 2.03 upgrade, the WMV file upload was denied.

Turn out that it was APPROVE upload was set to no by uo\pgrade.

This could have been resolved LONG ago if someone would have taken the time to go through the settings as asked.

Anyway, works now.

Happy Thanksgiving

It's impossible that the upgrader reset one of the database keys for uploads, someone else must have set it to no :)

Question for ze:

As well as the main categories/albums on the main gallery page I have the members albums, however when you click on the link to members albums instead of showing the choice of albums, it just shows all the images from all of the categories. Should it not display the members that have albums and then you select the member's album that you want to see and then it shows their images?

If you need to specifically see it, please PM me, or let me know here, and I will create an account for you.

You need to go to your Gallery settings and switch the Member's Gallery options to "Album Only" and "List albums instead of images" to 'yes'.

Adam, i expressed a concern in another thread elsewhere about v2.0.2 that having deleted images from albums that these were not being removed server side, and that over a period these useless space consuming files would accumulate, and because the original file name is not preserved on the server when images are uploaded by 'Gallery', I'd have no way of identifying and deleting them manually.

I don't remember who replied suggesting this would be fixed. I installed 2.0.4 and have started to create albums, but having various problems and decided to delete images. I checked the upload folder and the images are all still there, even tho' they are not in Gallery (but seems to think they still are looking at the stats?).

Can I take it then that if pix are uploaded, and subsequently removed from Gallery, that they are NOT also removed from the server folder? OR should they be, and I have a problem? I'd love top have this clarified. Many thanks!

Archived