Invision Gallery 2.0.4 Released

Guest IPS News

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm it says this in the client center still

Latest Stable Release

Invision Gallery 2.0.3

This is the newest stable version of Invision Gallery for the Invision Power Board 2.1.x series. If you are running Invision Power Board 2.1.x you must use this version.

Compatibility: Invision Power Board 2.1.x

• Management

Your really making it hell, gallery has had so many issues and yet you release versions that still screw up.

Considering you posted your message declaring that this released "screwed up" BEFORE we actually put the download link up .... I am not sure how you can make such a statement. :)

I don't know if this is the place for it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask anyway, I was just wondering if this release (or any of the previous ones) have made the gallery compliant with MySQL 5.0? I'm pretty sure that IPB isn't there yet, but I wanted to know if I would be upgrading in the semi-near future, or if that is a long time off.

Update: For those other people wondering exactly what went into this update, I found this little snippet in the developer blogs. Maybe we'll get a full list of changes later.

I dont see a problem with the fast releases (i think its good to be given the chance to update our software as it evolves).

Besides; If running the upgrade script once a month or so is too much hassle, then wait as long as you want and then do one big upgrade.

Thanks IPS, keep up the good work.

• Management

We release updates to our software no more or less frequent than other software companies. Apple, Microsoft, et all all have periodic maintenance releases. I don't see the harm in having regular updates.

There is no compunction to upgrade. If you're happy with the software version you're running, then don't upgrade, it's really that simple. :)

Just don't fall too far behind.

I don't know if this is the place for it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask anyway, I was just wondering if this release (or any of the previous ones) have made the gallery compliant with MySQL 5.0? I'm pretty sure that IPB isn't there yet, but I wanted to know if I would be upgrading in the semi-near future, or if that is a long time off.

[b]Update:[/b] For those other people wondering exactly what went into this update, I found

this

little snippet in the developer blogs. Maybe we'll get a full list of changes later.

The original announcement has been updated to include the list of fixes.

As for MySQL 5 compatibility, most of the Gallery's database interaction goes through the IPB database class, once that has the necessary changes, Gallery will be compatible with MySQL 5. Brandon and Matt have been working on MySQL 5 compatible.

Invision Gallery 2.0.4

This is the newest stable version of Invision Gallery for the Invision Power Board 2.1.x series. If you are running Invision Power Board 2.1.x you must use this version.

You may want to consider rewording that - some people may think that they have to upgrade the gallery. :)

Nice to see that the gallery is still getting worked on and improved :)

Jesus instead of releasing one every week, can you actually just wait.

It never ceases to amuse me how often people demand more frequent updates and faster resolutions to problems, only to have those self-same people complain about the frequency of updates once they start speeding up.

I sure want to say thank you for the upgrades / Patches.
I know all to well, how long and sometimes wrong it can go however, ihave yet to see vital impairment, so far its been nothing one can't be without for a week at worst case.
Kudos to the developers.
Upgrade request send

I see the list of bug fixes, but is there a list as to which files are affected? anything to do with the gallery skin templates? My templates are customized and I would like to see what changes might need to be made in regards to the skins.

Thank you!

The following bits have been changed:
skin_gallery_image -> show_image

<td class="formsubtitle" valign="top" rowspan="2" align="right">{$info['rate']}</td>

</tr> 					</tr>

<tr><td class="formsubtitle">

<if="info['copyright'] != ''">

<i>{$info['copyright']}</i><br />

</if>

<if="info['credit_info'] !=''">

{ipb.lang['credit_line']} {$info['credit_info']}

</if>

</td></tr>

skin_gallery_cats -> cat_view_top
The entire javascript part was removed and placed in ipb_galleryjs.js ( part of the Gallery download ).

If you're noticing any Javascript problems or errors, make sure you clear your browser cache first, as some functions have been moved to a file instead of being inline.

Archived