BBcode extension for Firefox

Guest {NPC}Mika

bbcodeXtra works well with Fx 1.5 and IPB, and it was just updated yesterday:

BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.4, November 14, 2005
BBCodeXtra is an extension, compatible with Mozilla FireFox and Mozilla Suite, which adds to the context menu new commands to insert BBCode/Html/XHtml codes in an easy and fast way. BBCodeXtra suits well with all forum types, for example: * phpBB * Invision * VBullettin This extension can really simplify your life with all forums that use BBCode or Html codes when posting new messages.

Now compatible with Firefox 1.5!

Requires: Firefox: 0.8 - 1.5.0.* Firefox
Install Now (47 KB File)

Editor's Review
Great

that BBcode or BBcode extra don't work with 1.0.7......at least for me

Before switching to 1.5 I was using 1.0.7 with BBCode, but let me check which one....

Okay, on my other computer I still have Firefox 1.0.7 set up and I have BBCode 0.4.1.1 by Jed Brown installed and working fine. When I changed over to the 1.5 Beta on this machine, I switched to BBCodeXtra.

I looked for the old version and it's now 0.4.1.2:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=128

• 3 weeks later...

ok here's the problem.

i have 1.5 now and bbcode works everywhere except in the podt body. i can right click in the topic title field and the topic description field and i get the bbcode option. but when i right click in the tpoic body field the option is a no show

Yeah, BBCodeXtra works with Fx 1.5 and IPB x.x.x, but it's not up to date as an extension. Where's Strikeout? Hasn't that been in IPB since 1.x.x? And what about custom BBCodes? A worthwhile BBCode extension ought to support custom BBCodes, for future codes and for IPB's Custom BBCode feature.

I don't like the actual BBCode extension... the smilies for one are all broken. Maybe they're set for Mozillazine or one of the outdated forum platforms, but most don't work in IPB.

BBCodeXtra works for what I need. The occasional bold/italic/underline job... If I want to strike-out text, I do one of those three and change the letter to S. Mostly I copy a URL then do BBCodeXtra>Clipboard>Make Selection URL. Very handy.

well it doen't work for me on my forum when i right click in the big white square where you enter the body of your post. it works here but not on mine

also to get any extemsion working with FF 1.5 just save the xpi to your computer, and with WinRAR open the xpi file and extract to a directory, then open the install.rdf and in it you will find something like <max version>1.0</max version> just change the 1.0 to whatever you want

Archived