Invision Gallery Development Update

Guest IPS News

I also would like to announce something:

I HATE YOU Invision! ;)
Why?

Because you announced 2.1.1 two days after I installed 2.1
Because you announced 2.1.2 three hours after I installed 2.1.1
Because you announced Gallery out TEN MINUTES after i finished configuring it.

I know you do it on purpose! What did I do??? :P

I have the latest version of Invision Gallery and it is stable and works as intended. This is truly baffling as the gripes that have been mentioned incessantly are not feature-breaking in the sense that it would be unable to deliver functionality. Far too often people create a 'storm surrounding these whimsical problems that seem so bad when described, but when you actually have a Gallery with content it's really not that bad.

... and this was one of the reasons I decided to not renew my IPG license (ten days ago it was due). Didn't see the point in placing money in with all these programs and seeing it gettings pulled less than a day later after errors were found. Decided to hold off on all modifications as well as I'm trying do it all with the forums and gallery (though forums are no longer a problem).

Of course, downside of that was finding out the gallery license extension today after I let it expire less than two weeks ago. Oh well, can't win them all I guess. :blink:

• Management

I have the latest version of Invision Gallery and it is stable and works as intended. This is truly baffling as the gripes that have been mentioned incessantly are not feature-breaking in the sense that it would be unable to deliver functionality. Far too often people create a 'storm surrounding these whimsical problems that seem so bad when described, but when you actually have a Gallery with content it's really not that bad.

The issues reported and discovered are not necessarily show-stopping, however, based on a review from our QA team, we feel that there are areas that need improvement before we continue on with its release. We do not consider this to be one of our shining moments from a product release standpoint and in an ideal world these issues would have been identified resolved prior to our incorporation of our new development policies and procedures. We are, however, committed to providing you with a quality release that you've come to expect from any product with the IPS name on it.

... and this was one of the reasons I decided to not renew my IPG license (ten days ago it was due). Didn't see the point in placing money in with all these programs and seeing it gettings pulled less than a day later after errors were found. Decided to hold off on all modifications as well as I'm trying do it all with the forums and gallery (though forums are no longer a problem).

Of course, downside of that was finding out the gallery license extension today after I let it expire less than two weeks ago. Oh well, can't win them all I guess. :blink:

I do apologize for your inconvenience. Please send me a PM with your customer information and I will be happy to apply the three month extension to your license. :)

When the customers will see the extended 3 months for thier gallery license? in my customer account still not update.

You will see the extension posted to your account on Monday. If anyone has a license that happens to be expiring before then, please e-mail or PM me your customer information and I'll ensure that the extension gets posted.

The issues reported and discovered are not necessarily show-stopping, however, based on a review from our QA team, we feel that there are areas that need improvement before we continue on with its release. We do not consider this to be one of our shining moments from a product release standpoint and in an ideal world these issues would have been identified resolved prior to our incorporation of our new development policies and procedures. We are, however, committed to providing you with a quality release that you've come to expect from any product with the IPS name on it.

Hey, any company that has the balls to say they messed up and need to take some time to fix things earns some big points in my book. Kudos for doing the right thing here.

We are, however, committed to providing you with a quality release that you've come to expect from any product with the IPS name on it.

I'm very happy to hear this! :)

Once again I feel confident that I'm sticking with the right solution for running my community.
I think the IP Blog could state an example as of how a truly good IPS component is done. No major bugs in final version, and a great integration with the board - taking advantage of features we recognize from IPB: "subscriptions", category/comment markers etc etc.

That's what I like to see for all the original IPS Components, and that's what makes it worth paying for.
I'm looking forward to the next release of the gallery.

Keep up the good work!

Same here. A few suggestions was all l had for future versions. Mind you we can now ask each and every day "when will the gallery be ready" :P

Please use this topic to discuss the following announcement:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=195183

Really good news. I'm very glad, that Invision moved the quality of development process to the next level.

By the way, it would be very kind of Invision to officialy publish development roadmap and expected timelines of intermediate maintenance releases. At lest for gallery, forum and blogs. That will help custumers to plan software upgrades.

We are, however, committed to providing you with a quality release that you've come to expect from any product with the IPS name on it.

I want to take the time to thank you and IPS, Inc. for making such a smart decision on their release and development of the Invision Gallery. I am glad I have made IPS my community board of choice and will stick to them forever and always. :)

Not a problem, don't worry - just add

.thumb { height: 150px }

to your css (assuming your thumbnails are 128x128)

the whole point that has been brought up for the last year about that is the customer should not have to add it, it should be there by default. I wrote a tutorial months ago how to add that.

Archived