Old Style New Reply/Add Reply

Guest cem

Any way we could get the "old style" new reply/add reply page (e.g. with 2.0.4 and below)

It takes ages to load the current one - it seems due to the fact that the browser loads the smilies first - and due to the higher graphics used...

Would there be a way to use the OLD style new reply/add reply which was much faster IMO and my members opinion.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Cem

Yes ,i'v post this comment before :( . IBP now load slow like hell when add reply and open new topic . I'v got tons of complain from my forum users when i upgrade my forum to 2.1.1 . I was really dissapointed in this version . Everything are slow like hell and tons of bugs .

My PC is Althon 64bit 3000+ with 1G ram and 256M VGA card , my forum host in a dedicated server with dual opteron 242 - 4G ram - 2x73G SCSI harddisk BUT it still slow like hell when i click in new topic or full reply , it just load a top page and hang around 20-30 second to load a rest . Only in new topic or full reply , another part of forum quite fast and dont have this problem .

I'm guessing you've got a slow PC then, because it opens like the preverbial faeces off a shovel here.

Thats because your browser has cached the files - but try adding a new reply with a different browser - you'll notice the difference.

Archived