[2.1.1 BUG]Only 1st Root Admin gets a new Member email

Guest Lemon Head

In IPB v2.1.1 you can now have more than one Root Admin. However only myself as the Board owner recieved a new Member email. Should all Members in the Root Admin Group get one?

Whenever a new member sign up, the e-mail address for the board will get the mail. I guess you put your own mail address into the board settings

The thing that bugs me about this is that I've been waiting for a long time to have all Members of the Admin group get a new Member email. Its handy if you are sick or away on holiday and you don't have to change the Boards email address.

I'm wondering why go to the trouble of allowing more than one Root Admin group if its just to grant Admin Restrictions. Why not go the whole hog and send all Root Admins the new Member emails? Its just common sense!

I agree. This feature would be great. Or even better, if you could have a notification of a new member posted in a forum which is visible only to members with the Admin mask and just have all Admins subscribed to that forum.

Although, as a temporary fix, I've set the board's email address to forums@domain.com and set that email address up as a forwarder... forwarding all emails to that address to each email address of all admins. It's weird doing it that way, but for now, it works.

That's a good idea! I think I can only forward it to one email address but I'll check.

I still think there should be a selectable list of Usergroups in the AdminCP that you can choose who gets a copy of the New Member email.
That way if you have more than one type of Admin group (some with admin restrictions) you can make sure every group you want gets a copy.

Correction: There is, and always will be, only one ROOT Admin Group. The root admin group is set in your global configuration file. Other admin groups are just groups with AdminCP access, which has always been a feature before 2.1.1. The biggest change in 2.1.1 is the ability to set access permissions in AdminCP for individual admins (what they can or cant access).

The email notification is not sent, and not meant to be sent, to the root admin. The email gets sent to the board email set in the Post Office. If you are getting the emails, it seems you have the board email sent to the same email on your account. If it says Root admin on the feature, this is most likely an error in the description, which happens every once in a while.

Archived