Couple of ideas

Guest Dlf

As you may have seen from me before I can come up with some ideas/features very easily, I have no idea why.
ON TO THE SUGGESTIONS! I also find it strange that IPB fixed the 'full edit topic title' bug. Either a customer reported that to you guys, or your actually letting us non 'holy' humans do more things on this forum then you used to. (I am not flaming anyone, but we can hardly do like anything: blog, comment ON the blogs, create a gallery, have a display name, ETC/More only 'GROUP BY GROUP' features of 2.1/2.1.1. I am glad though that you did allow us to use the WYSIWUG editor (unless Matt didn't make that a group by group option).

[*]More PM types of moderations options - What I mean by the bold is:

[*]Close PM - Does what it sounds like any person can 'close' a PM, by this I mean like say I PM bornstart about something, either of us can 'close' the PM, so that neither of us can 'replay' back to the PM. [*]Pin PM - Does what it sounds like again, the person can PIN a PM like mods can pin a topic. These "pined' pm's would like topics be above all the others, and no matter how many 'pms' you get they won't disspear [*]Annoument PM's - Like the mods and admins can do to topics, it would be the same for PM's, admins and mods (if admin allows it) can have 'annoument' pm's in the inbox of the group(s)/people they choose

[*]PM'S like topics. As of 2.1, those that mod forums (admins and modsd) can close a topic by clicking on the icon next to the PM, what if (the first sugggestion is implemented) people could do that with PM's [*]Linear/outline/standard. - LIke topics. maybe also PM's could have a diffrent 'mode' then just standard. They would look probably exactly the same as linear, outline/standard do in topics.

. But say soemone wanted to put PHP, SQL, C++, C, C SHARP, JAVASCRIPT, or other code into the posts? If they choose 'code' they could choose what type of code tags, so for like SQL it would 'highlight' the syntax like: SELECT, UPDATE, IF, ELSE, WEATHER, CREATE, DELETE, CREATE INDEX, ADD, AS, AUTO, AVG, ARE, ALL, ACTIVE, etc. For PHP: IF, ELSE, WHILE, DO, FOR, LOOP, function, class, ETC. Same for the other lanagues.

[*]Like topics, these annoument PM's would also be "TIMED',

I know I had more ideas, but I can't think of them right now. Anway some of those I came while typing others; strange yes?

[*]Post->more like Microsoft word - By this I mean more features of Microsoft word into the post screen. LIke FIND AND REPLACE, SEARCH, ETC. [*]Code tags be split - By This I mean, right now if you click the code tags you just get [ code]

[list=1] [*][i][b]More PM types of moderations options [/b][/i]- What I mean by the bold is:[list=1] [*][i][b]Close PM[/b][/i] - Does what it sounds like [i]any [/i]person can 'close' a PM, by this I mean like say I PM bornstart about something, either of us can 'close' the PM, so that neither of us can 'replay' back to the PM. [color="red"]I dont see the real point to this, they can just sent another one back.[/color] [*][i][b]Pin PM [/b][/i][b]- [/b]Does what it sounds like again, the person can PIN a PM like mods can pin a topic. These "pined' pm's would like topics be above all the others, and no matter how many 'pms' you get they won't disspear [color="red"]I guess it would be useful[/color] [*][i][b]Annoument PM's [/b]- [/i]Like the mods and admins can do to topics, it would be the same for PM's, [b]admins [/b]and mods (if admin allows it) can have 'annoument' pm's in the inbox of the group(s)/people they choose [color="red"]I like it![/color]

[list=1] [*][b]Like topics[/b], these annoument PM's would also be "TIMED', [color="red"]Agreed[/color]

[/list] [*][i]PM'S like topics[/i]. As of 2.1, those that mod forums (admins and modsd) can close a topic by clicking on the icon next to the PM, what if (the first sugggestion is implemented) people could do that with PM's [color="red"]I still dont get the point of "closing" a PM[/color]

[/list] [*][i][b]Post->more like Microsoft word [/b][/i]- By this I mean more features of Microsoft word into the post screen. LIke FIND AND REPLACE, SEARCH, ETC. [color="red"]I like the ability to search, it would be helpful[/color] [*][b][i]Code tags be split[/i][/b] - By This I mean, right now if you click the code tags you just get [ code] [/code]. But say soemone wanted to put PHP, SQL, C++, C, C SHARP, JAVASCRIPT, or other code into the posts? If they choose 'code' they could choose what type of code tags, so for like SQL it would 'highlight' the syntax like: SELECT, UPDATE, IF, ELSE, WEATHER, CREATE, DELETE, CREATE INDEX, ADD, AS, AUTO, AVG, ARE, ALL, ACTIVE, etc. For PHP: IF, ELSE, WHILE, DO, FOR, LOOP, function, class, ETC. Same for the other lanagues. [color="red"]Plus the ability to add custom ones, along with selecting what gets highlighted what color :thumbsup: [/color]

What I mean by a closed PM, is just like a closed topic. People can't reply to it. So in the case of the PM system the person would be able to close a PM, so niether he nor the recipient could reply. Could be useful in the case of say me arguing with you in a PM {which i'd would proablaby never do}.

What I mean by a closed PM, is just like a closed topic. People can't reply to it. So in the case of the PM system the person would be able to close a PM, so niether he nor the recipient could reply. Could be useful in the case of say me arguing with you in a PM {which i'd would proablaby never do}.

Your closing a pm idea is completely useless, just make a new pm on the same topic and there, you defeat the whole point.

Here ya go... More PM types of moderations options - What I mean by the bold is:

[*]Close PM - Does what it sounds like any person can 'close' a PM, by this I mean like say I PM bornstart about something, either of us can 'close' the PM, so that neither of us can 'replay' back to the PM. Absolutely pointless... [*]Pin PM - Does what it sounds like again, the person can PIN a PM like mods can pin a topic. These "pined' pm's would like topics be above all the others, and no matter how many 'pms' you get they won't disspear - Should be a personal feature, for just that user to see, not whoever its corresponded with. <LI>Annoument PM's - Like the mods and admins can do to topics, it would be the same for PM's, admins and mods (if admin allows it) can have 'annoument' pm's in the inbox of the group(s)/people they choose

[*]PM'S like topics. As of 2.1, those that mod forums (admins and modsd) can close a topic by clicking on the icon next to the PM, what if (the first sugggestion is implemented) people could do that with PM's [*]Linear/outline/standard. - LIke topics. maybe also PM's could have a diffrent 'mode' then just standard. They would look probably exactly the same as linear, outline/standard do in topics.

. But say soemone wanted to put PHP, SQL, C++, C, C SHARP, JAVASCRIPT, or other code into the posts? If they choose 'code' they could choose what type of code tags, so for like SQL it would 'highlight' the syntax like: SELECT, UPDATE, IF, ELSE, WEATHER, CREATE, DELETE, CREATE INDEX, ADD, AS, AUTO, AVG, ARE, ALL, ACTIVE, etc. For PHP: IF, ELSE, WHILE, DO, FOR, LOOP, function, class, ETC. Same for the other lanagues.

[*]Like topics, these annoument PM's would also be "TIMED',

[*]Post->more like Microsoft word - By this I mean more features of Microsoft word into the post screen. LIke FIND AND REPLACE, SEARCH, ETC. Well, maybe... [*]Code tags be split - By This I mean, right now if you click the code tags you just get [ code]

Archived