"my treads" and "my posts"

Guest MindTooth

Greeting,

I might have an idea that this subject ha been talked about before. But couldn't find it by a search. So this is my future suggestion for IPB. Having a link called "my treads" would help alot finding which treads you partisipated in, and a link called "my posts" to see what posts you have submitted.

(i have a bad english, so please excuse me)

Having a link called "my treads" would help alot finding which treads you partisipated in, and a link called "my posts" to see what posts you have submitted.

The "my threads" thing would be a good addition to My Assistent.

About "my posts", you can already get a list of your posts on your profile.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I still mean that IPB need a could way to track the treads you have posted in. Not using the Click profile -> Options -> View users posts, because that is a long way, and it only displays the posts, not a treadview with a "view new replys".

Please look in to it.

If you are in a forum already...

In the sorting options at the bottom, there is a dropdown menu where all the options are prefixed with "Topic: <something>". Two of the options are "I Started" and "I Replied".

You can select the first one to see all topics you started, and the second to see all topics you were active in.

To see all your topics or posts you can also do this from your profile.

Unfortunately, adding this sort of thing as a link elsewhere will just start to clutter the interface I think....we have a lot of requests from people already to REMOVE stuff, especially redundant stuff. :unsure:

If you are in a forum already...

In the sorting options at the bottom, there is a dropdown menu where all the options are prefixed with "Topic: <something>". Two of the options are "I Started" and "I Replied".

You can select the first one to see all topics you started, and the second to see all topics you were active in.

To see all your topics or posts you can also do this from your profile.

Unfortunately, adding this sort of thing as a link elsewhere will just start to clutter the interface I think....we have a lot of requests from people already to REMOVE stuff, especially redundant stuff. :unsure:

It was that feature I mentioned in the previous post. But I see that as a cloomsy way of doing it. And francly, I would also say, that there is plenty with stuff that needs to be removed, but a feature like that. Only press one butten next to View New Posts as an example, and then display every tread you have ever posted in, and a tread listing view. Then you can just press the view new posts button next to the tread.

That is as simple as it can get, and it would help ALOT of ppl of answering the topics they have participated in. And not going the whole User -> Options -> I Started -> I Replied.

Here is a screen from the norwegian forum the idea first appeared for me:
ipbfeaturesuggestion9sr.th.jpg
(Don't mind the buttons next to "View New Post", "Siste 24 Timer", and so on. It is the "Mine innlegg" link that triggers this feature.)
Here you see a regular category view. But the thing is, with every tread listed here is a those treads that I have previously posted in. You can also see the box on the top listing. I personally hate it, but that gives you some options to customize the output. This is almost simular the the subscription feature with vB, but that you need to setup, so that is quite lame, but helpfull.

I hope this post will describe my suggestion alot more then my previous posts, since now I felt that I need make my point clear :P And I hope you will see in to it. Because I think is a feature alot of user would appreciate. I can also understand that after participation in many treads that the list can get long, but then the customization box comes handy. And even if you could make this optional would been just so incredible awesome.

Anyways, thanks for replying the tread bfarber :D And I hope this makes it clearer.

Uh.... At the bottom of the forum there is something like that already. And in a profile there is something like that already :P

Bottom where?

And as I have described a few times now, the profile way is hard, and there you only see the large posts. I would rather have one link pressed to see that list. Wouldn't you?

I am surprised that this hasnt been created before. A single page where a list of all the threads you have posted in shows up. Sure, you can do it for 1 forum, but for everything... that doesnt work so well.

However, Here is another option though:

update ibf_members set auto_track = "none"

This will make it so that the subscribe button is always checked, but it wont send out emails by default.

You can then instruct your users how to change this setting if they prefer email notification.

I am also thinking, if you really wanted to, you could put a link to: index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=26
on your index page.

Hope this helps.

Why wouldn't that work well? It does on my norwegian forum. I have pages, and I like that feature where I can just after being away for a while. Just press "Mine innlegg", and I reply to the ones I left behind. Instead of travel through the whole, just to get a view of my topic displayed as whole posts, and not a list. As would made it alot easier..

What I'd like to see is a list of topics I've posted in (either replied or started) that have unread posts. I like to know if someone has responded to my posts, but I'm not bothered about seeing topics with no new posts.

Good suggestion. I think SMF have some similar feature..

yep I second that. Ipb could add a "Topics: I participated in" which would be a combination of "Topics: I started" and "Topics: I replied to" :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I completely agree with the original topic starter. I've just switched to a 30 day trial of Invision Board, and I can't believe how much grief I'm getting from my users over the missing "View Your Posts" link (we used phpBB for 3 years).

It's a little confusing since it's called "view your posts," but it (quite usefully) returns all the threads you've participated in all over the board, so that you can quickly see if someone has posted since you last replied in a thread. I've examined the alternatives mentioned here and they are not adequate replacements.

I was hoping I could just easily hard-code it in a URL, but unfortunately it seems Invision uses search IDs so I cannot do that. :(

I managed to add the 'View Your Posts' functionality (for the most part--see note below) by simply sending the necessary variables to the search function. You can add the following to the member bar:

<if="ipb.member['id']">

Archived