New User Registered (2.1.1)

Guest .Tim

This may turn up to being a "feature request" rather than a bug report, but read on... :)

I just did my own test... and registered at my board. I have my validation setup to User Email then Admin validation.

I submitted my registration, and got a message saying a new user had registered, and to my other email address got the email to activate the account.

Upon activating the account (user's-end) I see this message:

Thank you TestUser2. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.

This message is not exactly what's happening. First off, the Admin is only notified of you registering, not after validating the email address (and that is ONLY if you selected the option to be notified for every registration processed).

Since IPB 2.1.x has the option to validate the email first, then be validated by the admin... once the user validates the email address, shouldn't there be an email sent to the Admin saying the user has validated their email address and needs to be validated by an Admin next... regardless of whether or not the admin has chosen to be notified of registration? or maybe another option to be emailed a notice of a user having validated their email address and for you (the admin) go to the ACP and validate them?

Tim

Since IPB 2.1.x has the option to validate the email first, then be validated by the admin... once the user validates the email address, shouldn't there be an email sent to the Admin saying the user has validated their email address and needs to be validated by an Admin next... [b][i]regardless[/i][/b] of whether or not the admin has chosen to be notified of registration? or maybe another option to be emailed a notice of a user having validated their email address and for you (the admin) go to the ACP and validate them?

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure I see the need for a second email. Whenever you log into ACP it will display "1 Awaiting validation " on the first screen if someone has registered. Clicking on Manage Validating in the ACP will give you their status, and if they've followed the link in the validating email (which they most likely already have by the time you read your notification email) it will say:

Registering: Validated

Otherwise it will just say Registering.

Given the above, do you really think an extra email is required? Or, should the original email notification to you be delayed until the user's validated his email (given that the admin manual validation is toggled on, of course))?

Well I don't know about you, but I don't purposely go into the ACP every day specifically to look for who has registered. I don't want to have to go there and see who's registered, who's validated themselves, and activate it.

The way you word it, I'd be all for the email notification being sent AFTER they validate their email address.

Although I ran into a problem where a friend registered on my forum and he called me and said he couldn't access his email and asked if I could validate him. So in cases like that, I wouldn't mind being notified that someone registered (the first step) and still have an option to be notified when they validate their email. Granted, those situations are rare, but they have and will happen again....

Well I don't know about you, but I don't purposely go into the ACP every day specifically to look for who has registered.

Same here, but as I said, by the time I receive and email notification that someone new has registered, their email validation is already done by the time I do log into ACP, and it is displayed on the ADMIN screen so it is the first thing I notice if I've forgotten about the notiification.

Although I ran into a problem where a friend registered on my forum and he called me and said he couldn't access his email and asked if I could validate him.

Even if he hadn't called you, since you recieved an email notification you could have looked into your ACP and if you didn't get notified by email you'd notice a user had registered next time you went into the ACP. Looking at the info you'd see it was someone you could trust and you could validate him without further delay. Had it have been someone you didn't know, you'd leave it alone until they could access their email.

Archived