Signature Moderation

Guest Reado

Please could you add a signature moderation feature? This would seriously help if you have troublesome people on your board who either make their signature too big - like I do. :)

I'm sure others would greatly appreciate this too.

Awesome idea. Just should be per group and it should use the already-approved signature until the new one gets approved (but with the member being able to delete the approved one no matter what).

atleast an option to enable/disable images in signature will be nice :)

Like that one too.

I still wish I knew who that girl was in that picture in your signature.. (On the topic of signatures :lol:)

• 3 months later...

This would be a nice improvement. :thumbsup: It's a pain to keep up with oversized and innapropriate siggy's and links in the siggy area. :(

I know exactly what you mean, every time I'm on my site, I have to see who's logged in today in the forum index by what the 'members online today' mod shows, then click on each user to make sure things are in order... takes lots of time :(

Wouldn't it just be easier to have limits on the signature image sizes and/or number of lines of text (and number of images) allowed?

This could be an ACP setting (perhaps per group).

If users cant break the rules in the first place, it means little or no moderation is needed at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Idea!!

-It would be nice to have it in ACP, so you can set the dimensions as you desire. If a user try to have a signature larger then the size you set from ACP, go tell em that their signature is too large or some sort.

Excellent idea.

Just so everyone knows.. The D21-Show Signatures Once mod will work again.(I went through and corrected the installer, so read the support topic on it at invisionize).

Not really what this topic is about, but I find that one immensely helpful. If someone pushes the limits on 'too big' it's not that big a deal because the sig only shows once per page.. So if they post 5 times on the same page of the same topic... Their sig is only included on their first post on the page.

This is even something i'd like to see built in, because if you have a topic that goes Poster A, Poster B, A, B, A, B, A, B, A, B.. Do you really need to see their sig after each post?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think they will care to add Signature Moderation feature?

It would be sad, if they don't. Wondering, if they even have eyes on this section.

I totally agree!

I got a heavy headache on the large signatures of my members.

Tell me abt it! it's just a total pain in the ass how some idiots just puts their siggy so big (has no common sense).

I, too, would love to see this feature implemented into the software.

What would be great is to be able to adjust settings per member group, similar to the avatar settings.

Like for each group, we could decide whether or not to allow signatures, and how many signatures would you allow (per image), as well as to be able to adjust image dimensions, adjust img file size, and also adjust the text input (find it a bit distracting and cumbersome to read a post when someone has written a novel in their signature >_< )

Since images in sigs can be from off site sources, its pretty much impossible to keep members from going over a set size. They could set their image small and place it in their sig, and then change the image, etc...

The most effective way I've found is placing a banner in signatures that appear after a sig breaches our max height requirement. It's a nice red banner that says "MAX SIGNATURE!". Other member report those who have to big of signatures, and we have the ability to remove a members right to have it if they dont comply. Not a hard thing to do :)

Hello !

I agree with that idea of a signature moderation.

As for me, my members obey the rules regarding the size of the image.

I'm much concerned about the content of the signature : links to sites with adult content, or some illegal things, words that shouldn't be said, etc. I didn't happen to me very often, but once can be enought to have problems.

This would be very useful. [b]Telling people about signature size is like talking to the wall[/b]. They change it but within a few days it starts to grow again. :lol: I don't want to ban people, just make it easier for them to follow the rules.

hahaha, so true!!

-I hope to see this in the next version!!

Archived