Multiple Choice Questions!

Guest Logan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. I have needed this feature for a long time.

freepolls.com has offered a great polling system for years. I used to use it and would hate to have to go back to using their system just because the polls on my board have no features.

I really cannot believe how poor the polling system is at IPB.

I must also agree here that the polling system is below standards for IPB and needs to be improved upon greatly. By adding the multiple choice polls in, it would greatly help out the polling system in IPB and they should add this feature by v3.0.

• 3 months later...

+ 1

The mod by _Cy_ seems problematic. No support rendered too.

I agree. It has been discussed plenty of times here on having "multiple choice" as an added feature to the IPB poll system. There has been no change for so long after it was first mentioned.

Having multiple questions in a poll is indeed half-assed solution.

To explain on what "multiple choice poll" is... this is an example.

Poll Question :

My Favourite Fruit

Poll Choices :

- Apple

- Orange

- Pear

- Strawbwerry

The current IPB poll system

which is still in its ancient form

can only allow me to choose ONE of these choices. I cannot choose apple, orange and pear at the same time in one vote.

There used to be such a mod on this but it was only for IPB 2.0.x. The same author has even creatd a "Who Voted In Poll" which lets admins/moderators see who voted what choices. These are such state-of-the-art modifications but not available for 2.1.x officially.

It ponders me why IPS chooses to ignore the demand for such "multiple-choice" poll feature. >_<

• 3 weeks later...

Multiple choice polls are already a feature of IPB 2.2

That's great to hear! So now that we have a choice of multiple choice and/or multiple question polls, there's only one small thing left to do. I still don't see why IPB doesn't allow the user to see the option they voted for. In the vBulletin 3.x series, what you voted for is italicized. Why can't this be done by IPB 2.2?

That's great to hear! So now that we have a choice of multiple choice and/or multiple question polls, there's only one small thing left to do. I still don't see why IPB doesn't allow the user to see the option they voted for. In the vBulletin 3.

x

series, what you voted for is italicized. Why can't this be done by IPB 2.2?

The only hesitation to add it (Brandon told me this), is that the option that each user voted for is not currently stored. Therefore, all old polls before IPB 2.2 if the feature were to be added wouldn't have the ability to show what you voted for, only new polls and on.

Although... I still think it should be added. And when upgraded to IPB 2.2, if the information isn't available (vote was added before IPB 2.2) just don't indicate what the user voted for. But for new polls, and new votes on have it work properly.

If not... does that mean the feature never will/can be added?

The only hesitation to add it (Brandon told me this), is that the option that each user voted for is not currently stored. Therefore, all old polls before IPB 2.2 if the feature were to be added wouldn't have the ability to show what you voted for, only new polls and on.

I wouldn't mind having such a compromise, so long as this feature would be ultimately added. Just like I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed having quote snapbacks in IPB 2.x, even though the feature didn't exist before then, so old quotes didn't have the snapback.

Archived