Multiple Choice Questions!

Guest Logan

This is a must and has been requested for a long time, multiple choice poll questions!

A little checkbox next to each poll question to indicate multiple choice or not is all that's needed. (And of course the functionality :P)

There is a good mod to achieve this available for IPB 2.1.0, but as a default feature would be much better:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=189252

+1 from me as well.

We already have lite/advanced technology in IPB, look at Fast Reply. I have FR open by default, and if I want more options, I click on either AddReply or More Options. Poll should be the same.

For each poll question, all you need is, a little thing to the right where you can choose "Select ONE" or "Select ANY".

In forms, you have radio buttons and check boxes. Traditionally with radio buttons (circles with dots when selected) you must choose one and only one; choosing another "moves" your selection. Check boxes, you can have as many as you want.

There should also be an option to select none. The problem, IMHO, with 2.1's multiple question polls, is that you have to have an answer for all questions asked, and you may not, depending on the question.

The topic ought to have been titled "Multiple answers to poll questions". :P

PS - You don't draw staff attention to this thread. (Don't use report, that's feature abuse.) I think the developers browse the forum every now and then for inspiration. I would.

For example,

www.tqhw.org

We are a on-line gaming group based on a military structure. We award medals and badges.

So we would like, via the Admin CP, award medals and badges by editing a members profile to add multiple medals appearing in their profile.

For example,

www.tqhw.org

We are a on-line gaming group based on a military structure. We award medals and badges.

So we would like, via the Admin CP, award medals and badges by editing a members profile to add multiple medals appearing in their profile.

Ah, then yes I can see a use for it. Any site out there could find a use just like your example regardless of its site topic. therefore, i dig the idea :)

• 3 months later...

Well I did a search for Multiple Choice Polls and found this...

I been scratching my head on this subject because I been on Invisionfree for a year & half and recently purchased my databse from them and bought an IPB board and got setup on my own host. Well we have a very big & busy poll forum as one of the categorys and were wondering why we could not make multi choice polls nor vote in any old multi choice polls already created on the old forum.

This boggles my mind that is not a feature in IPB 2.1.x boards, why was it removed??? PLEASE bring it back thanks! :o

Archived